Bragging on master chef

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
just had to brag a little on my daughter. She's 12 and just made her first cheese cake with no help. She is quite the chef. I had talked a little about the thread about cherries and told her about how good the cherries I got in Idaho were. So she made me this.

IMG_3815.jpg

Here's a little recipe of hers that I think some of you who like chocalate would like. This is my favorite and if you like reese peanut butter cups then you will love these.

Moose Droppings

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup roasted peanuts chopped
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 sticks margarine
2 oz. block of paraffin wax
6 oz. bag of chocolate chips

Mix peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and margarine until blended. Melt chocolate and wax in a double boiler. Roll the peanut butter into balls. Then dip in the double boiler.

Jo, do you have the next Giada de Laurentiis in the making ? How about her cheese cake recipe, or she saving that for her book.

hillsdown":x8vg1p6r said:
Jo, do you have the next Giada de Laurentiis in the making ? How about her cheese cake recipe, or she saving that for her book.

I'm actually encouraging her to put some of the best recipes down in a book instead of just keeping them in her head. She seems to be a natural and has a good understanding of the science in cooking. She's also not afraid to experiment or of failing. Her understanding of how certain tastes can compliment each other is uncanny. I'll try again to get her to write down the cheesecake recipe on paper. Last time she just blew me off. Said it was nothing to it. Personally, I'm not a big cheesecake fan but it this was really good.

AC, I'm sure she would love to make you one. She gave half of this one to a department at the base. It was intended for about five people but one person ate the whole thing so she's going to make another one so the other people can try it. :lol2:

I got busy and skipped lunch today. Didn't really realize it until I saw that picture and my stomach started growling! Looks really good. Congrats on your daughter's talent. If she can cook like that at such a young age, y'all better buy a treadmill or something because it would be easy to get fat at your house.

Jogeephus":3fe8vr70 said:
Personally, I'm not a big cheesecake fan

Now that is the craziest thing I have heard yet on these boards!

She is a natural, the cake looks wonderful. Could be a possible chemistry major in the family!

hillsdown":1qdb6hqo said:
How about her cheese cake recipe, or she saving that for her book.

I got her to share her recipe with me. Here it is.

2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
½ cup butter, melted
2 TBS of sugar
4 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 TBS corn starch
1 TBS vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1. In small bowl toss together graham crumbs, butter and 2 TBS of sugar. Reserve 2 TBS of crumbs for garnish. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and 2 ¼ inches up sides of 9-inch spring form pan. Chill in freezer while preparing filling.

2. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add 1 1/3 cups sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add eggs. One at a time, beating until just combined after each addition. Stir in sour cream.

3. Pour into crust. Bake at 325 F about 1 ¼ hours or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen sides of pan. Continue cooling on wire rack for 45 minutes more.

4. Sprinkle top with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate at least 3 hours – best to leave over night.(she chilled hers for 3 days)

5. Pour cherry pie filling over the top then pour nestle chocolate syrup over the top.

MistyMorning":1qdb6hqo said:
Jogeephus":1qdb6hqo said:
Personally, I'm not a big cheesecake fan

Now that is the craziest thing I have heard yet on these boards!

She is a natural, the cake looks wonderful. Could be a possible chemistry major in the family!

Most cheesecake is just too rich for my taste. I'm probably biased but this is not and is probably the best I ever had.

Latest posts