Brace wire on double H

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbilly beef man

Reaction score
On a double H brace which is stronger: putting the brace wire around both H braces on a single pull using one gripple, or putting two separate brace wires on each single H using two gripples?

Single pull is stronger by nearly 15%. It reduces the brace wire angle, which keeps your strain post in the ground. The same thing can be achieved with a single brace, but it takes a 10' strainer and a 10-12' brace rail.

Farm Fence Solutions said:
Single pull is stronger by nearly 15%. It reduces the brace wire angle, which keeps your strain post in the ground. The same thing can be achieved with a single brace, but it takes a 10' strainer and a 10-12' brace rail.

I wish the people who did the fencing around here originally had some training and common sense... EVERY brace is built backward with no top beam, A lot of really short runs that are just impossible to keep tight, and the brace posts are only about 4' apart... I gotta rebuild it all, such a pain.. Going to do HT in most places, tired of fighting barbs and staples at every post when I want to tension it.