BR740 Baler Belt Tenison

Help Support CattleToday:

PAaugus

Reaction score
Hi, Does anybody have a BR 740 or 740A series NH baler manual? I need to relieve the pressure off the belts to replace one. There's a latch rod on the R/S of the machine. I assume you must have to relieve hydraulic pressure and then raise tail gate , then insert the latch rod, then lower tail gate to relieve belt pressure. If someone has done it before or has an operators manual telling how, I'll be grateful if they would share the info. Sam

I tried my way and it worked. Raised tail gate all but wide open , Then latch handle on R/S of baler lets a pin come under under the bale tenison arm. Lowered the tail gate almost completely shut (about 20 inches from shut) This gave belts plenty of slack, I laced new belt around following pattern of belts already on the baler. inserted clipper lace wire, Raised tail gate, turned latch pin back in from under tension arm, lowered tail gate, started PTO. Belts all look good, noticed belts were all riding to left side rubbing the belt guides. Loosed the L/S idler roller ( same roller next to guides ) moved it one way and then the other till the belts moved into the center of the guides, and the tighten bolt. Note, I did not have to relieve any hydraulic pressure to do this job. Total time with new laced belt ready to be installed was about 1/2 hour.

Latest posts