Boys will be boys

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
Just a pic of the older bull letting the young ones know who's the boss.

Bulls.JPG

Nice bulls but what caught my eye is your grass! Do you always have grass like that in OK in late Aug/early Sep??? On the few trips I've made thru Oklahoma in past years I don''t remember seeing any grass like that esp this time of year. Almost looks irrigated... Frame that picture!

I've got a pair now that does the same thing. As long as one is a good bit larger than the other, it's easy to sort out the pecking order.

SRBeef":kdtik4hg said:
Nice bulls but what caught my eye is your grass! Do you always have grass like that in OK in late Aug/early Sep??? On the few trips I've made thru Oklahoma in past years I don''t remember seeing any grass like that esp this time of year. Almost looks irrigated... Frame that picture!

No we usually don't have grass like that this time of year. This have been an exceptional year for rain. We got a lot of rain early then it seems like about every 10 days we would get anywhere from 1/2 to one inch. It's raining right now and are high for today is only supposed to be 75. Normal is around 90. I;m not complaining. :D

jovid-

great looking cattle- they look to be in excellent condition. that older bull looks like something to build a herd around. good job.

ROB

ROB":282qyp75 said:
jovid-

great looking cattle- they look to be in excellent condition. that older bull looks like something to build a herd around. good job.

ROB

The older bull is just 17 months old....we are going to show him at the NAILE and then bring him home to go to work. We also have his daddy. He weighs about 1600 right now. He and the other bulls are on a modified intake pellet that does a great job of growing them without getting them fat.

Jovid":3u8589so said:
ROB":3u8589so said:
jovid-

ROB

The older bull is just 17 months old....we are going to show him at the NAILE and then bring him home to go to work. We also have his daddy. He weighs about 1600 right now. He and the other bulls are on a modified intake pellet that does a great job of growing them without getting them fat.

Why pellets with that great looking grass???

By the way, may I ask what is that tripod in the background of the photo? You seem to use electric standoffs and on top - does that hold the bulls on both sides of the fence? Newcomer questions. Thanks.

TNMasterBeefProducer":3j63hwcj said:
I reckon young bull got whooped by biggun.

Actually they were all just kinda playing around. We have 3 younger bulls and a steer in with the bigger bull and they get along real well.

SRBeef":3o8882jn said:
Jovid":3o8882jn said:
ROB":3o8882jn said:
jovid-

ROB

Why pellets with that great looking grass???

By the way, may I ask what is that tripod in the background of the photo? You seem to use electric standoffs and on top - does that hold the bulls on both sides of the fence? Newcomer questions. Thanks.

The pellets are a growing ration and the lot that they are in there would not be enough grass if that is all they were eating.

The tripod looking thing is a pipe corner post with pipe braces and a blue bird house on top.

Latest posts