Boyd signature

Help Support CattleToday:

Hogtiming

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or had any of his calves? Curious on how they grow, feet and legs

I had a group of cows I purchased where one had been Ai'd to him. He (the calf) was always head and shoulders above the rest, wide feet, heavy muscled, lots of eye appeal, my only complaint would be he occasionally has a little too much attitude, occasionally. I liked the calf enough, I left him intact and use him as an extra bull or something to use in a small pasture. This was just one calf I've seen so someone else might have a completely different opinion.

I wonder how his calves are leg and feet wise? Tendacy to throw straight leg calves?? Or will he help the other way?

He improves feet for sure. I have seen good amount of them in person. I have used him as well and been pleased. What are you using him on?

Going to try him on a few Bismarck/cc&7 cows. Hoping to improve feet. One is a little straight legged pattern and small footed

Yes he should improve those. Also his dam was a very good cow. Good footed and uddered.

wildcat2154":3jpnsa8l said:
Yes he should improve those. Also his dam was a very good cow. Good footed and uddered.
Thanks for the information

I have a cow by him and am pretty happy with her. She has a Black Granite son that I love and he is built right. I'm getting ready to flush her here in a couple of weeks as she is a great looking cow with everything I could ask for genetically.