Boyd Masterpiece- Hereford

Help Support CattleToday:

I like the looks of the bull, on paper he is not bad but I think Boyd Worldwide 9050 is out of the same sire and has better numbers. I also believe he has alot of pigment. I think I Topp Herefords have calves in there sale out of him (Worldwide). I have thought about using Worldwide on a few yearling heifers for something different.

Definitely has been fed well. Looked decent until he started walking. If he has to cover much ground or cows, he may not last too long on those back legs and feet. I have seen that issue in some other cattle with similar top side pedigrees.

Looks like the few progeny he has are below avg on performance. Never been a fan of P606 either.

Elder Statesman":106mvq2v said:
Definitely has been fed well. Looked decent until he started walking. If he has to cover much ground or cows, he may not last too long on those back legs and feet. I have seen that issue in some other cattle with similar top side pedigrees.

Looks like the few progeny he has are below avg on performance. Never been a fan of P606 either.
thats what i thought.. even went back to the still a couple times. he travels alot different than i thought he would from the picture

I know some people love P606 but Ive never been a fan. I have always shyed away from anything with Remital blood just because of the birth weight issue.

Just had an 83 lb light color bull calf out of him. He did transfer pigment to this calf, I really like the looks of the calf I have on the ground that is out of him.

Latest posts