Boyd Elite Female Angus Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Just some thoughts:

Their Angus cattle are big animals. When I get visitors, I get comments about my cows being big. In reference to frame, bone, muscle, depth, mass, etc. However, when I walk out into the Boyd pens of cattle, their Angus cattle are big.

I also did not notice any of the hatchet azz Angus that are often referenced on Cattle Today. Their cattle have a lot of pelvic size and muscle on that bone.

Overall, I thought their cattle were very nice. I think the biggest surprise for me was the ones with calves on them - they had some cows with tons of milk. As much as I worry about my Simmentals having too much milk, by comparison, I was surprised to see a few of their cows with huge udders. Not bad udders, just big udders.

Mr. Charlie Boyd, Jr., third from the left. The family has been breeding cattle in Mayslick, Kentucky for over 100 years. About 15 minutes from my farm.
2gxjy80.jpg

2nleiix.jpg

Lazy M":1bowqw8t said:
Pretty good lunch?

Yes. Hamburgers, green beans, macaroni and cheese, Coleslaw and deserts. Lots of beverages. Excellent facilities. Had a trailer with nice rest rooms. Hard to do better.

Bright Raven":3gd7vhxv said:
Lazy M":3gd7vhxv said:
Pretty good lunch?

Yes. Hamburgers, green beans, macaroni and cheese, Coleslaw and deserts. Lots of beverages. Excellent facilities. Had a trailer with nice rest rooms. Hard to do better.
The Boyds do it up right. Good folks too

TennesseeTuxedo":rgqi2a17 said:
Thanks for inviting me Ronald.

Hey, I should have. Sorry. I went at the last moment. They have 2 or 3 sales a year there. If you have never gone, you really should. We will go to the next one.

Bright Raven":qa0903u8 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":qa0903u8 said:

Hey, I should have. Sorry. I went at the last moment. They have 2 or 3 sales a year there. If you have never gone, you really should. We will go to the next one.
They're spring bull sale is the one to go to. It's amazing how many people they can cram into that sale barn. Seats were a premium the last time I went. I like during their bull sales that they sell Angus and Hereford. I didn't go last year but the year before I did, and it was the first time that I felt that the Herefords looked a little better than the Angus overall.

Lazy M":31anwekk said:
Bright Raven":31anwekk said:
TennesseeTuxedo":31anwekk said:

They're spring bull sale is the one to go to. It's amazing how many people they can cram into that sale barn. Seats were a premium the last time I went. I like during their bull sales that they sell Angus and Hereford. I didn't go last year but the year before I did, and it was the first time that I felt that the Herefords looked a little better than the Angus overall.

I enjoy seeing their herefords over on US 62. That is the original home place. The sale facilities and most of the Angus are on US 68 at Mayslick. I think TT and I should plan that. Come over and the three of us will make some trouble.

Sounds like fun. They may cut you off from the burgers though if you don't at least make a bid or two..

I would've prob gone if not for being out of town. I'm hoping to catch some of their other sales.

If you want a good spread, get over to Black Gold Genetics in Shelbyville. Beat the pants off of most wedding reception meals ive had.

Latest posts