Boycott Alert - Nestle

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":17camas9 said:
When we lived in the central valley of ca we had to pass the nestle's plant on the way home from work, that chocolate smell would sty in the truck all the way home, another 10 miles. In the mornings we went by chock full of nuts. Pretty near had our caffiene fix by the time we got to work
Was that the Nestles Plant on Hwy 99 in French Camp, Ca.

slick4591":3ntps0ng said:
My problem with them is their thinking on privatization of water.
Gee, that article isn't biased at all. :lol:
slick4591":3ntps0ng said:
There are still public lakes and waterways that are still open to the public. Under Nestle's thinking they could buy Lake Michigan and become a sole owner, therefore limiting access and usage.
I guess I'm not seeing the problem with that? If it was for sale, then you and I could also buy it. I have some ponds on the farm, should the water in them be public? How about my well? I guess maybe I don't understand the issue here.

kerley":pty2menf said:
dun":pty2menf said:
When we lived in the central valley of ca we had to pass the nestle's plant on the way home from work, that chocolate smell would sty in the truck all the way home, another 10 miles. In the mornings we went by chock full of nuts. Pretty near had our caffiene fix by the time we got to work
Was that the Nestles Plant on Hwy 99 in French Camp, Ca.
Yup

Right now we are able to enjoy most public waters without paying through the nose. No one is asking for money if you decide to picnic on the beach. If you own a boat you can go to just about any public water and launch without having to pay. There is no one watching the clock to collect an hourly usage time once you return to land, either. There's no one collecting money for each person that's in your boat and no billing you extra if you wet a line or extra if you catch a fish. Privatization of water might be a good thing for you, but it's not something I want.

Is he suggesting public waters should be sold to private individuals? I didn't read it that way, but I didn't finish the whole article either.

M.Magis":1cty7lan said:
Is he suggesting public waters should be sold to private individuals? I didn't read it that way, but I didn't finish the whole article either.

Does it matter if it's a sole owner or corporation? I don't think so. Go back to the pond on private property and you see the result of privatization.

Nestle is doing this solely based on their perception of what the consumer wants. The sustainability/traceability movement is a very big deal for them as they are such a big player in the agricultural community. They have to be able to sell a product to the soccer moms around the world.

Nestle is not the devil in this, they are purely acting as responsible business people. The anger should be pointed towards the HSUS and ourselves for not being more proactive and getting our voice heard and the truths told about animal agriculture. The beef checkoff should be doing more adds to compete with the bunny huggers to change our perception to the common public.

Latest posts