Boy will she be surprised!

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, Red and Green is my mentor. :nod:

Stocker Steve":2uwwqp58 said:
How do I keep it all so simple as it should be?

Just keep in mind that while you may think you are part of the conversation you are not. They thoroughly enjoy talking to themselves. If you doubt this just listen to a group of women talking in a flock. They talk simultaneously. While you may not be able to understand any of this babble you can definitely pick up the joy in their voices. If you are bold or nieve enough to join in to the "conversation" you will undoubtedly have your sentence finished for you which offers more proof. So just zone out to your happy place and don't offer any input other than the occassional nod or verbal affirmation. Remember, if you try to offer any input you'll be cut-off in midsentence. If you buck this trait this will be viewed as argumentative and you will be cut-off indefinitely in other areas. Of course this isn't all that bad either because by allowing her to finish your sentence you are allowing her to keep the "conversation" where she wants it and this brings harmony to the relationship and she will boast to her friends how you are a good listener. So keep your words to a minimal. If she wants any input from you she will say it for you. And if she is harping about painting the house or something like that just simply ask what color she wants. Remember - they don't know what they want - so having to make a definitive decision will buy you several weeks and in that time she will probably get sidetracked on something else.

Oh, BTW MIL called and said she'd be rolling in shortly and with her being a vegan who only eats certified organically grown stuff we had little for her so I struck out to the local grocer. I found some tomatoes and beans that had spots and tarnishes all over them. I knew these had to be organic but they didn't have any certification papers. Going against all manner of manhood I told the grocer that I was looking for some vegies for my MIL and asked if these veggies had any dangerous chemicals or poisons on them. He said, "No, you'll have to do that yourself". I guess I should have asked him if he knew her or watched Whale Wars.

Jogeephus":1yatzcdh said:

Stocker Steve":1yatzcdh said:

Just keep in mind that while you may think you are part of the conversation you are not. They thoroughly enjoy talking to themselves. If you doubt this just listen to a group of women talking in a flock. They talk simultaneously. While you may not be able to understand any of this babble you can definitely pick up the joy in their voices. If you are bold or nieve enough to join in to the "conversation" you will undoubtedly have your sentence finished for you which offers more proof. So just zone out to your happy place and don't offer any input other than the occassional nod or verbal affirmation. Remember, if you try to offer any input you'll be cut-off in midsentence. If you buck this trait this will be viewed as argumentative and you will be cut-off indefinitely in other areas. Of course this isn't all that bad either because by allowing her to finish your sentence you are allowing her to keep the "conversation" where she wants it and this brings harmony to the relationship and she will boast to her friends how you are a good listener. So keep your words to a minimal. If she wants any input from you she will say it for you. And if she is harping about painting the house or something like that just simply ask what color she wants. Remember - they don't know what they want - so having to make a definitive decision will buy you several weeks and in that time she will probably get sidetracked on something else.

Oh, BTW MIL called and said she'd be rolling in shortly and with her being a vegan who only eats certified organically grown stuff we had little for her so I struck out to the local grocer. I found some tomatoes and beans that had spots and tarnishes all over them. I knew these had to be organic but they didn't have any certification papers. Going against all manner of manhood I told the grocer that I was looking for some vegies for my MIL and asked if these veggies had any dangerous chemicals or poisons on them. He said, "No, you'll have to do that yourself". I guess I should have asked him if he knew her or watched Whale Wars.

Funniest thing I've read on CT to date.

Jogeephus":2tpmi3p0 said:

Stocker Steve":2tpmi3p0 said:

Jo, you been on the "swamp juice" again?. This kind of brilliance has to be at least partially influenced by the presence of a mind altering substance. Either that or involving a burning bush of some kind.

3waycross":10xahinu said:
Jogeephus":10xahinu said:

Stocker Steve":10xahinu said:

Jo, you been on the "swamp juice" again?. This kind of brilliance has to be at least partially influenced by the presence of a mind altering substance. Either that or involving a burning bush of some kind.

Reality is the lack of alcohol! :(

3waycross":2ff9v84f said:
Jogeephus":2ff9v84f said:

Stocker Steve":2ff9v84f said:

Jogee.....I figured you to have connections to a supply of them little stickers....Shouldn't be hard to find as I'm sure they are stuck on at the store....at least it appears to me that the only difference between the organically grown suff and the regular boxed stuff at the store I go to is that little sticker....everthing else looks identical...

Latest posts