Boy it don't end

Help Support CattleToday:

I almost posted this yesterday, but I figured it'd be short lived.

A man spends a lifetime, building a reputation built on character. Some headline hound can tear it down pretty quickly. I don't think he'll be remembered for this.

Makes one think what sexual assault really is these days. I've just read where some feminist lady said if you have consensual sex one night and the lady felt bad about it the next morning, then that was an assault. Things just get crazier and crazier.

Bigfoot":1p50sq0q said:
I almost posted this yesterday, but I figured it'd be short lived.

A man spends a lifetime, building a reputation built on character. Some headline hound can tear it down pretty quickly. I don't think he'll be remembered for this.
i don't either,but it sho nuff leaves a mark...nobody looks at you the same afterward no matter if you did it,,or not...

slick4591":27piek6m said:
Makes one think what sexual assault really is these days. I've just read where some feminist lady said if you have consensual sex one night and the lady felt bad about it the next morning, then that was an assault. Things just get crazier and crazier.
ive heard,,,that if you pat some kid on the head.. It can be considered child abuse...

It won't be long before if ya just look at a member of the opposite 'gender' someone's gonna coin a term like 'mental sexual abuse' and it's gonna stick. Or, "He touched my elbow..it's an erogenous zone!!"

I'm all for nailing real sexual predators/power brokers like Weinstein to the wall, but at some point, it all just turns into stupidity.

(Interesting too, that MSM and Hollyweird have become ominously silent in their unbendable defense of Bill Cosby lately..)

I had a coworker in a crowed office put his hand on the a female coworker lower back and say excuse me, let me slide by as he went out the door.
She reported him to HR and he was almost released. She decided not pursue it as long as he was reprimanded and he apologized.

We all had to take a class after that.

Thankfully I started out at a dealership... And seen more sexual harassment then you could shake a stick at... 'Though I had respect for the women'. taught me not to even look at them cross eyed...

Cross-7":20qwaak5 said:
I had a coworker in a crowed office put his hand on the a female coworker lower back and say excuse me, let me slide by as he went out the door.
She reported him to HR and he was almost released. She decided not pursue it as long as he was reprimanded and he apologized.

We all had to take a class after that.

A guy in another division of the outfit I work for casually called a lady "Hon" on the phone and got in a world of hurt over it.

He apologized, didn't deny it. He's very elderly and sometimes in the very elderly, some cognitive decline leads to a loss of filters and some inappropriate sexual behavior (assuming he wasn't a letch when younger). Believe his Parkinson's is also pretty advanced; can cause dementia in later stages.
To those who wonder why women don't always immediately come forward, the assumptions (as seen in this thread) that she must be looking for fame or fortune is your answer. For every story you hear, trust me,there are a thousand that you didn't.
How many of you, in your 20's, dealt with female bosses (who controlled whether you worked or not) routinely hitting on you, coming up to rub your shoulders out of nowhere, and (one memorable time) sticking their tongue in your ear?
Real men are standing up to acknowledge that the culture which says this is "ok" and "normal" needs to change. Honorable men do not condone this bs, nor the whole Billy Bush episode. And GB, there was widespread dismay over Cosby, inside and outside LA.

At this point in his life, why would he care? If he had a career in front of him, it would be significant. After your dead, your reputation don't mean diddle squat.

Bright Raven":258ii07l said:
At this point in his life, why would he care? If he had a career in front of him, it would be significant. After your dead, your reputation don't mean diddle squat.
Your wrong again....a man has his word and reputation - legacy forever. I know I live my life different than you, but I'm shocked by the ignorance sometimes.

boondocks said:
How many of you, in your 20's, dealt with female bosses (who controlled whether you worked or not) routinely hitting on you, coming up to rub your shoulders out of nowhere, and (one memorable time) sticking their tongue in your ear?
Didn't have that kind of trouble,face looked like a pizza,and body like a hand slung chitlin....only tongue in my ear might have been a dogs...

And GB, there was widespread dismay over Cosby, inside and outside LA.
'was' being the important word and the point to my comment regarding it. Not a peep lately, since the Weinstein thing broke in the news. New trial date is set 11 days from today, for Nov 6, 2016, and it will not be surprising if his lawyers try to significantly postpone that date saying it would be difficult for him to get a fair trial because of the recent news articles and publicity regarding sexual abuse by the people in high places.

(Interesting too, that MSM and Hollyweird have become ominously silent in their unbendable defense of Bill Cosby lately..)

boondocks":3az2edv8 said:
He apologized, didn't deny it. He's very elderly and sometimes in the very elderly, some cognitive decline leads to a loss of filters and some inappropriate sexual behavior (assuming he wasn't a letch when younger). Believe his Parkinson's is also pretty advanced; can cause dementia in later stages.
To those who wonder why women don't always immediately come forward, the assumptions (as seen in this thread) that she must be looking for fame or fortune is your answer. For every story you hear, trust me,there are a thousand that you didn't.
Real men are standing up to acknowledge that the culture which says this is "ok" and "normal" needs to change. Honorable men do not condone this bs, nor the whole Billy Bush episode. And GB, there was widespread dismay over Cosby, inside and outside LA.

Yup
I worked the parts counter. She'd come up behind me with an " important matter" and rub her chest on my back as she explained or had me pull up the issue on the computer. Always needed me to come help her move and lift things.
Always in my space and touching me.
I was married and so was she.
One time I had to give her a ride home.
She insisted I come in. I didn't and that pretty much stopped it, but also stopped the special treatment I had been getting at work. Maybe even more scrutinized.
She found her another to take my place and I was off the hook.

Cross-7":368z8vmu said:
boondocks":368z8vmu said:

Yup
I worked the parts counter. She'd come up behind me with an " important matter" and rub her chest on my back as she explained or had me pull up the issue on the computer. Always needed me to come help her move and lift things.
She insisted I come in. I didn't and that pretty much stopped it, but also stopped the special treatment I had been getting at work. Maybe even more scrutinized.

I guess I never was pretty enough to have problems like that.

Rafter S":3ph2unzi said:
Cross-7":3ph2unzi said:
boondocks":3ph2unzi said:

Yup

I guess I never was pretty enough to have problems like that.

She was the prim and proper type.
Several years older than me. She wasn't unattractive, but not real attractive.
I was a young, dirty hands, dirty uniform, steel toed boots wearing worker.
I sure didn't didn't think I was her type.

Latest posts