Boy in a bubble

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
Got the cable news on.
A Colorado boy, 6 yrs, is in some sort of balloon, homemade, zipping across the CO countryside.
Seems it was in his back yard and he got in and released the tether.
This kid is in serious trouble, peril of his life.

john250":1zhn3x8y said:
Got the cable news on.
A Colorado boy, 6 yrs, is in some sort of balloon, homemade, zipping across the CO countryside.
Seems it was in his back yard and he got in and released the tether.
This kid is in serious trouble, peril of his life.
What sort of trouble is he in?

Chrisy, The last I heard obn the radio is that they think it has risen to about 6000 feet. I just caught the tail end of the report as I was getting out of the pickup. But he is in the ballon alone or so I gather. I hope everything turns out ok for him and that maybe I heard it wrong. JLP

Did you all look at the photos, the size of the box he was in? Doesn't look good for the kid, unless he fell out shortly after it took off where it was only a few feet off the ground-scary for the child for sure.

GMN

Photo on tv seens to show an object falling from the baloon. This does not look good.

GOOD NEWS! He's found safe~hideing in a box under the roof.. Guess he thought he'd be in trouble for turning the ballon lose. :lol2: YEA!! I'd hug him for 2 hours,then ground him until he turnes 32! :lol:

Wow! just read about it on the net, fancy keeping a Helium balloon like that in your garden when you have children around. Glad he was found safe and well. Could have been, well doesn't even bare thinking about.

1) I can't believe all the coverage this got. I had four CNN alerts on this.

2) Way to watch your kid.

3) I smell a publicity stunt on the part of good old dad. I wish he had to reimburse the State of Colorado for all the resources they used, not to mention the disruption in air traffic and all the accidents this could have caused. I hope they find a way to hold him liable for this. At the very least, it might trickle down to the boy, who needs a good spanking. I have found through working in the public schools that sometimes there is no better or sometimes, no other way, to make parents responsible for the actions of their kids, other than to stick it to the parental pocketbook.

I smell a rat.

No,I think this was legit ~~ wouldn't put it past some "parents" tho.

Lammie":1glq27k3 said:
3) I smell a publicity stunt on the part of good old dad. I wish he had to reimburse the State of Colorado for all the resources they used, not to mention the disruption in air traffic and all the accidents this could have caused. I hope they find a way to hold him liable for this. At the very least, it might trickle down to the boy, who needs a good spanking. I have found through working in the public schools that sometimes there is no better or sometimes, no other way, to make parents responsible for the actions of their kids, other than to stick it to the parental pocketbook.

I smell a rat.

My thoughts exactly .

Larry

I heard it when they announced it that the boy was safe and sound, almost seemed like the TV reporters, etc.. wanted a tragedy to have happened. They reported happy news, but seemed let down that there wasn't more to it.

I think this was just boys being boys, they were messing around with the balloon, got it released, and then panicked,it is strange though why the older boy lied and said the younger was in the balloon, when surely he knew he wasn't.

Just glad it ended like it did. Funny even last night there was no mention of it on the news-zippo, after all that drama all day yesterday, it didn't even get a blirp last night.

GMN

It was on our NEWS tonight and they said it was a stunt, but the Dad came back and said it wasn't, but police are treating it a suspicious. So one said to an English reporter.

Those parents need to be charged with making a false report, and put in jail for whatever the maximum sentence is. Even CPS can take better care of kids than that.

Additionally, they need to be charged every cent that the stunt cost--both in taxpayer and private money. Then they would have something to remember their stupidity by for a long time. A few examples of people actually having to PAY for this idiocy might get even the nuts to reconsider.

Says Falcon, "We did it for the show".

Jim62":1u60378z said:
Those parents need to be charged with making a false report, and put in jail for whatever the maximum sentence is. Even CPS can take better care of kids than that.

Additionally, they need to be charged every cent that the stunt cost--both in taxpayer and private money. Then they would have something to remember their stupidity by for a long time. A few examples of people actually having to PAY for this idiocy might get even the nuts to reconsider.

Says Falcon, "We did it for the show".

The kid said his dad yelled at him and he went and hid in the attic? That doesnt add up to me.

Lets say it was real,that the kid was up there----How would you get him down before he hit a powerline or some other danger?

I think a couple of holes with a pellet gun would have caused it to lose enough lift slowly to bring it down fairly safely.....Pellet gun cause if he was hit,it wouldn't be as bad a wound as a rifle.
What do you think?
Do you think we're gonna see a rash of runaway baloons now?

Latest posts