Bow hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

Another geriatric buck bites the dust. Lolol
These boys came out of the same stand last two years.
The buck on the bottom aged 8 years old by state biologist.

Attachments

• 6BBA1042-3158-46AC-922B-3B713AD03160.jpeg
    6BBA1042-3158-46AC-922B-3B713AD03160.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 4766D107-0E23-45C8-8406-5618D9EED7CF.jpeg
    4766D107-0E23-45C8-8406-5618D9EED7CF.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
If your only objective was to kill a deer that would be the best for eating, would you kill a young buck, big buck with big horns, or a doe?

If your only objective was to kill a deer that would be the best for eating, would you kill a young buck, big buck with big horns, or a doe?
We have antler restrictions must be a minimum of 13 inches wide inside.
I am very selective on does taken as well as my neighbors.
No does with yearlings in tow or that is a yearling is taken.

I wish I could forget the number of ass and hip shot dead and dying deer I have come upon from bow hunters.
I grant you there are some who are masters of the craft and I have had the pleasure meeting a couple or more.
The most are about as competent as Pocohantas Warren would be with a bow. <period<

I wish I could forget the number of ass and hip shot dead and dying deer I have come upon from bow hunters.
I grant you there are some who are masters of the craft and I have had the pleasure meeting a couple or more.
The most are about as competent as Pocohantas Warren would be with a bow. <period<
Let ol' CB set up with you and you run across the field. Bet he can put that arrow right up the ol' bung hole IF he wants to. Heck I've seen about as many rotting after being shot with a high power rifle as I have a bow.

Just as many idiots with a gun dumb@#_.

That's a fine east Texas buck cb...

We are being over run with whitetails. 4 in one little 2 acre paddock, 7 in the field next to it that we make hay off about 5-6 acres.... counted 11 the other night chowing down on the newly sprouted wheat. Son's gf hit one the other night and did $$$$ damage to her car.... had one run into me the other week and must've broke it's neck when it hit the side of the truck..... Need to cut down on the populations and I don't care it they have a rack or not.....venison in the freezer is good.

Last night I was fixing beaver damaged fence. There was 9 deer just down the field from me. I noticed a bunch of deer on the other side of the river. So I ran to quad out the driveway to get a better look at those. There was 27 deer over there including 3 bucks. Two of those bucks were dandies. The neighbor to the east has an alfalfa field that probably has twice that many grazing in it.
If you want to see animals that bow hunters shoot that don't die come over here to elk country. Most every elk hunter that I know has shot an elk that has an arrow stuck in it somewhere. Often they are healed up. They are also hits that would have dropped with a rifle but the arrow stuck in the bone.

Let ol' CB set up with you and you run across the field. Bet he can put that arrow right up the ol' bung hole IF he wants to. Heck I've seen about as many rotting after being shot with a high power rifle as I have a bow.
I taught primitive archery for a custom bowyer for years.
Mr Leach has passed on, I have several custom Leach Bows hanging on the wall as payment. I have lost more deer with a rifle versus a bow, I don't remember losing one with buckshot.
I wasn't quite as good Pearson.

CB, I never met Ben Pearson either but after viewing your video I consider it my loss.
He was a craftsman by any definition. Thank you for sharing. LVR