Bovi-Shield Gold FP5 VL5 HB Recall

Help Support CattleToday:

76 Bar

Reaction score
Bad news for those who use this Zoetis ML product. Supposedly a problem with the adjuvent. Off the market indefinitely. Getting compensated for my recent purchase has been confusing & complicated.

Zoetis contacted me about the recall shortly after I'd recently purchased the product. Call customer service 1-888-963-8471 to express your concern & get further info. I wouldnt use the product without verifying the serial numbers are good to go.

Update...the replacement product for the discontinued Bovishield Gold FP5 VL5 HB I purchased arrived yesterday. Was the BS Gold product without the Vibrio component and additionally a 50 dose bottle of their Vibrin. NOT a happy camper. Instead of one shot I'll have to give two.That ain't the half of it. For those who haven't used it Vibrin is an extremely viscous product and its syringe ability is akin to Elmer's Glue on steroids. Requires a 14 ga needle & under the best of circumstances often leaves a noticeable lump. If I'd known what the replacement option was going to be I would have told Zoetis to credit my account instead. :mad:

Update...the replacement product for the discontinued Bovishield Gold FP5 VL5 HB I purchased arrived yesterday. Was the BS Gold product without the Vibrio component and additionally a 50 dose bottle of their Vibrin. NOT a happy camper. Instead of one shot I'll have to give two.That ain't the half of it. For those who haven't used it Vibrin is an extremely viscous product and its syringe ability is akin to Elmer's Glue on steroids. Requires a 14 ga needle & under the best of circumstances often leaves a noticeable lump. If I'd known what the replacement option was going to be I would have told Zoetis to credit my account instead. :mad:
I'm so sorry! Is it possible to send the "replacement" back as well?

That is the only product we have for Vibrio here, yes very difficult to use. I only do all my bulls both the ones I use and the sale bulls. I have found the tail fold is the best place to do it and they don't seem to mind it. I have cut the problems of lumps and abscesses down by using a new needle for each animal.

Ken

I'm so sorry! Is it possible to send the "replacement" back as well?
Thanks for the concern! Trust me after all the compliance hoops I've jumped thru thus far for this particular Zoetis vaccine boondoggle, he$$ would freeze over before I'd return the "replacement" product(s) :rolleyes:

That is the only product we have for Vibrio here, yes very difficult to use. I only do all my bulls both the ones I use and the sale bulls. I have found the tail fold is the best place to do it and they don't seem to mind it. I have cut the problems of lumps and abscesses down by using a new needle for each animal.

Ken
Appreciate your input Ken. In addition to the bulls I've historically vaccinated the breeding females because I've never had the luxury of being isolated from neighboring bulls. Was pleased when over the years both Killed & ML "Pregnancy" vaccines incorporated a vibrio component here in the USA and all were highly syringe able. I've always used individual needles. Box's of 100's is cheap insurance compared to the train wreck caused by ignorance/miserly protocol. Tail fold is a new one for me. Will have to give it a go.

Latest posts