Bought these 2 at auction

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey no need for Him to get pissed off. put up the money or shut up! good job. What breed does the white faced calf look to be ?

Joy of Texas":2nd9ulnr said:
grannysoo":2nd9ulnr said:
Not bad at all! Don't is just pi$$ you off when you have the "get mad" type at the auction. All it took was for him to spend more money........

All hat - no cattle. :)
It really does sometimes. It's hard because I am a female.They buyers there have quotas to fill and the auctioneer works with them first. I have been ignored alot of times. But very seldom out bid.
This guy was no better than me and acting like a fool. He did have a pretty big hat and new boots..........
I feel your pain, I've had to stand up and wave my # in their faces before they take the bid. :mad:

Nice calves - good prices

Good Job Joy!
I feel the same way, If it's what I want then its comming home with me.
I made a lot of people mad at me this year at our auction. For some reason people will follow me around and bid on the animals I bid on. The auctions we go to are silent auctions and then if you have a bid on that animal by the closing of the silent bid, you and all the people with at least one bid on the animal have a bid out.
I got smart this year :D, I placed starting bids on animals that I didnt want and waited for someone to out bid me. It never failed, I would place a bid and someone would outbid me. I had a blast and was driving my daughter nuts. :lol: I did this till the two minute bell. I then went to the table and bid on our picks. Before our bid was on the board the bidding was closed. We ended up being the only bid on both animals :D , got one steer for $1300.00 and the other for #1500.00. Every other animal went for #3500.00 to #5000.00 each. People where pist, to say the least. The breeder was so happy for us and excited that we ended up with his #2 and #4 top steers.
I got away with it this year but next year will be a whole new ballgame. :shock:
Good job Joy :D , Im happy for you.

backhoeboogie":26c2vvy8 said:
I always use one of the ring men to bid. Find a good one. I maintain eye contact until the price goes to high. While bidding, if someone takes me out, he'll point back at me. Usually they yell "YEEELPP" when I bid and look the crowd over. If he doesn't come back at me, I am on the hook.

This is how I do it. I have never had a problem. It happens exactly as BHB says.

grannysoo":uwga5axv said:
Not bad at all! Don't is just pi$$ you off when you have the "get mad" type at the auction. All it took was for him to spend more money........

All hat - no cattle. :)

Exactly, anybody who gets mad enough to use the b-word to somebody over another 2 cents a lb at the auction barn needs to be on some kind of medication. If I were the auctioneer I would have told him "Too put up OR shut up".

Latest posts