Bought fertilizer today....

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
More price hikes coming and I was quoted a price good only for today on triple 19. I checked with 4-5 other places and it was the best price. It boils down to either pay or possibly thin the herd next year.

Last edited:
I think the fertilizer companies will work hard to keep the price high for a couple years, so I bought clover seed in December before they ran out. Will have to load up on SS soon before it is gone.

It was hard writing the check.
Is writing the cheque just figuratively speaking or do you just put your card in the machine or do a bank transfer? I never write cheques these days and I hate receiving a cheque, bloody nuisance having to go to the bank to deposit it. I am even forgetting how to write a cheque.

Ken

Is writing the cheque just figuratively speaking or do you just put your card in the machine or do a bank transfer? I never write cheques these days and I hate receiving a cheque, bloody nuisance having to go to the bank to deposit it. I am even forgetting how to write a cheque.

Ken
What are you guys paying for fertilizer?

I could have bought it this afternoon for 890. 12-24-24 for 845. Told him to stick it. I had just been told we would see much higher slaughter cows by spring. I think it will be time to thin the herd.
I would have jumped all over that 12-24-24.

Last edited:

Ken
I guess I am behind the times I still write my own paper checks. Just ordered 4 more boxes and talk about inflations, they are sky high also. I do use a bank debit card, but not very often

Before long it will probably be put your hand on a screen, scan you veins and subtract from your account.

Last edited:
I think the fertilizer companies will work hard to keep the price high for a couple years, so I bought clover seed in December before they ran out. Will have to load up on SS soon before it is gone.
They may be stuck with a bunch too..

All they have to do is sell half as much and the way it is looking a third to equal the same dollars.

I guess I am behind the times I still write my own paper checks. Just ordered 4 more boxes and talk about inflations, they are sky high also. I do use a bank debit card, but not very often

Before long it will probably be put your hand on a screen, scan you veins and subtract from your account.
40 years of concrete and 7 out of my 10 fingerprints won't scan hahaha. The old gal had to ink me up for my conceal carry permit. Can't open my phone that either!