Bought a New John Deere Today

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S

Reaction score
I have a driver, but will have to wait a while before he can drive it. Although he's up to 6.5 pounds, so it shouldn't be too long.

Workinonit Farm":1kr3gvpd said:
Dang!! You spared no expense! Nice one. :) He's a lucky guy, getting a fine, comfy, new ride. :cboy:

I don't know about sparing no expense. Our local volunteer fire department had their annual fund raiser today. Barbecue plates, a bucket raffle, and live auction. I got the tractor for $90.00. That's probably not much more than twice what it costs at the store.

That is really neat. I look forward to the kids having children so I can do things like this. I'm sure you will remind him this is just a toy when it comes time for the real thing those tractors are red :hide:

Rafter S":2a4h7go6 said:
Workinonit Farm":2a4h7go6 said:
Dang!! You spared no expense! Nice one. :) He's a lucky guy, getting a fine, comfy, new ride. :cboy:

I don't know about sparing no expense. Our local volunteer fire department had their annual fund raiser today. Barbecue plates, a bucket raffle, and live auction. I got the tractor for $90.00. That's probably not much more than twice what it costs at the store.
Our VFD fundraiser/appreciation day is Oct 22. I'll be there, with checkbook. Won't come close to adequately repaying what those folks did, but maybe make a down payment.

Rafter S":1tsbhxpy said:
Workinonit Farm":1tsbhxpy said:

Well, the local VFD sure is a good cause and worth it. :)

Workinonit Farm":3ufev39i said:
Rafter S":3ufev39i said:
Workinonit Farm":3ufev39i said:

Well, the local VFD sure is a good cause and worth it. :)

Yes, it is. A few years ago they were auctioning off a chocolate pie. I'd bought one donated by the same person the year before and it was very good. Anyway, this time I got out when the bid got over $300.00. The lady who eventually bought it found me later and asked if I was just running the bid up. I replied "No, ma'am. I wanted that pie."

greybeard":8u7v3a1t said:
Rafter S":8u7v3a1t said:
Ryder":8u7v3a1t said:
Rafter I guess you know a horse is next. :cboy:

I don't think so.
Aww..cmon now grandpaw...
Then he tied a cord to the end of a mop,
and said, "Son, here's a pony, keep her at a trot."
And I'd ride in circles while he laughed alot.
Then I'd flop down beside him.

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/randytr ... water.html

Thank you GB. I wouldn't mind getting him a stick horse, as long as I don't have to feed it.

Latest posts