Bought a new disc

Help Support CattleToday:

circlew

Reaction score
I found this used 8' Atlas disc at a local equipment sale a couple months ago. Guy only used it on 10 acres. Has 24" scalloped pans and is super heavy. Does a great job.

107_1351.jpg

circlew":3g0okm0i said:
I found this used 8' Atlas disc at a local equipment sale a couple months ago. Guy only used it on 10 acres. Has 24" scalloped pans and is super heavy. Does a great job.

107_1351.jpg
Exactly what I've been looking for.

circlew":3nem0946 said:

First thing I did after I saw your post, was scroll back up to see where you live :lol: Nice. I'm looking for it's twin.

Ouachita I found it at a local equipment auction. Was there looking for something else and I saw it so I stuck around and one guy bid on it some but he is the guy that always bids on everything, hoping to get a steal.

JamesT Not exactly sure what you are wanting to know. :dunce:

circlew":3pmb0f5i said:
Ouachita I found it at a local equipment auction. Was there looking for something else and I saw it so I stuck around and one guy bid on it some but he is the guy that always bids on everything, hoping to get a steal.

JamesT Not exactly sure what you are wanting to know. :dunce:

CircleW, each set of discs on your unit, and you have 2 (1 set in front and 1 in back), are adjustable in their angle. The more angle, the more agressive the cut is. They are usually adjustable and I believe that yours (from looking at the pic) are adjustable by turning the metal sheath(?) outward or inward, thus forcing the gangs in or out. This is the metal, round, threaded, links (2) that are located dead center between the sides of the unit (on top). It looks like there is a link for the front set of gangs and another for the rear. I just wanted to confirm that and wondered if they work alright.

James T":2fo3qn37 said:
I like it Circlew! How are the gangs adjusted?

Looks like the two black rods in the center are threaded, I am betting that is the adjustment.

James sorry I took so long to comment back, we had internet trouble. When I read your first sentence I knew what you were talking about. :bang:
It has two threaded rods one at the front and one at the back. You adjust them with a crescent wrench.

Keep an eye on the U bolts that hold the gangs to the square tubings. If they loosen the back gangs will walk off the tubing and the front gangs will walk inward until they hit each other. Once you are satisfied with the settings you could just weld a stop for the U bolts to hit. It is a nice heavy disk and should serve you well.

Thanks agmantoo. I've used it on a couple food plots and plan to use it some these year to renovate some pasture.

agmantoo":361by74h said:
Keep an eye on the U bolts that hold the gangs to the square tubings. If they loosen the back gangs will walk off the tubing and the front gangs will walk inward until they hit each other. Once you are satisfied with the settings you could just weld a stop for the U bolts to hit. It is a nice heavy disk and should serve you well.

Yep, ditto that. Good advice as I have had it happen. Check the nuts to the u-bolts regularly.

circlew":3sa9s8sa said:
I've used it on a couple food plots and plan to use it some these year to renovate some pasture.

I have some rocky pastures I plan to renovate - - pull the big rocks with a back hoe, disk in lime, and then interseed.
My current disk has the standard smooth blades and does not do much on sod. Any tips here or do I need a heavier disk?

Stocker Steve":3h29m2mn said:
circlew":3h29m2mn said:
I've used it on a couple food plots and plan to use it some these year to renovate some pasture.

I have some rocky pastures I plan to renovate - - pull the big rocks with a back hoe, disk in lime, and then interseed.
My current disk has the standard smooth blades and does not do much on sod. Any tips here or do I need a heavier disk?

Steve I have always found that the heavier the disk the better. Get as heavy as your tractor can handle.

Latest posts