Bought a JD 435

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Recently bought a 96' JD 435 baler with kicker and monitor. It was hard not to find one completely worn out. I did get lucky and found one with half the paint still on the chamber walls. Has all original chains and sprockets which are in excellent shape. I'm thinking due to having the original belts they my need to be replaced?? They are not worn though but do have a bit of weather cracking. I've read about the starter roller that my need to have some beads welded to give extra grip, and an orifice needed for low flow tractors. I'll be running this baler on my Ford 5000. Does anyone know what the part number is for this orifice that is needed? Owners manual was ordered from Green Farm Parts and will be here next week. Anyone have any tips, tricks, etc that have owned a 435? Thanks, Daniel.

One of the neighbors has 3 or 4 of them. Reckon he figures he can have that many for the cost of one newer baler, and always have a backup or 3. My cousin is a mechanic at JD and he likes the old balers, only thing I've ever heard him mention being problematic on them is the tie mechanisms - which seem overly complicated and are starting to show their age.

Kick Back Ranch said:
Recently bought a 96' JD 435 baler with kicker and monitor. It was hard not to find one completely worn out. I did get lucky and found one with half the paint still on the chamber walls. Has all original chains and sprockets which are in excellent shape. I'm thinking due to having the original belts they my need to be replaced?? They are not worn though but do have a bit of weather cracking. I've read about the starter roller that my need to have some beads welded to give extra grip, and an orifice needed for low flow tractors. I'll be running this baler on my Ford 5000. Does anyone know what the part number is for this orifice that is needed? Owners manual was ordered from Green Farm Parts and will be here next week. Anyone have any tips, tricks, etc that have owned a 435? Thanks, Daniel.[/quote

The 5000 should have enough Hyd flow and pressure to run without any special orifice. Also the tailgate cylinders are also what keeps the pressure on the belts make sure that they are not leaking on the internal seals.

Used the neighbors 435 for several years then I used a 535 that I bought. If there is anyway you can swing it, get a 460 series. They are 10 times the baler the 430 series are. Easier to work on, gobbles up large amounts of hay faster, don;t plug nearly as easy and have an easier monitor to use to manipulate what you want to do with the bales.

Latest posts