Bottle calf! Some say I'm crazy...

Help Support CattleToday:

I did not update. Dead as a hammer next next morning. I knew it was gonna be a great big win, or a little bitty loss.

I can now say I've lost one I guess. The trick to not losing them is not buying the crappy ones. This one was practically given away.

On to the next one, 'ol son!
Got no idea which one you're talking about. You have so many threads with so many different animals one every one of them it's impossible to keep track without a spread sheet. And while your adventures are interesting... they aren't that interesting.

Got no idea which one you're talking about. You have so many threads with so many different animals one every one of them it's impossible to keep track without a spread sheet. And while your adventures are interesting... they aren't that interesting.
😆
The calf one page back I had to tube feed. He was pretty ruff. One of them deals

Good looking calf. Does it have some ear? It may just be the angle of the pic, but looks like Simbrah or Brafordx almost.

I've always seen that verbiage as an affectation of someone trying to appear more cowboy than they really are. Kind of a, "all hat and no cattle". kind of thing.

Looks like the calf may be a winner though...
It's a cultural thing. From what I've read of your posts it seems like you've been on the move since childhood, you've probably gotten a lot of chances to examine language by region.

It's a cultural thing. From what I've read of your posts it seems like you've been on the move since childhood, you've probably gotten a lot of chances to examine language by region.
Yup, and I love accents and colloquialisms. But, "ol' son", sounds like something a drunk city kid would say in a cowboy bar.

Maybe because the only people I've heard that said it were drunk city kids wearing huge belt buckles.

Nice Looking calf! Sorry to hear about the one that didn't make it. Comes with the territory though
Yeah. It stinks but they can't all be winners I reckon. Just like they can't all be black! 😀
Good looking calf. Does it have some ear? It may just be the angle of the pic, but looks like Simbrah or Brafordx almost.
He said something about char-bray. She do go some ears! Love it!
Murry, get yourself a calf tubbing outfit at the feed store. You never know when you might need it but a calf raiser like you eventually you will need it.
Got one now. Tho I never plan to buy another like that. That one was practically given away. Rolled the dice. I've sire raised a mess of em without ever needing one tho! We will get back to that!
Yup, and I love accents and colloquialisms. But, "ol' son", sounds like something a drunk city kid would say in a cowboy bar.

Maybe because the only people I've heard that said it were drunk city kids wearing huge belt buckles.
Yeah. Just a bit of humor. Hard to "hear" it when it's typed out.

I don't have a big belt buckle. But I got a couple vw bugs and really big feet! 🤣

@MurraysMutts I like the looks of your new calf. Except maybe it's just how its head is resting or the angle of the camera, but its eyes kind of look sunken in. Little dehydrated maybe?

BTW did you watch the Winfield sale yesterday? That's some serious cash for those babies!
She did look dehydrated to me too. Her hide does not make a "tent" tho. 20230601_173508.jpg
Very skinny and empty!
She sure perked right up tho!
20230601_173743.jpg

Latest posts