Bottle calf! Some say I'm crazy...

Help Support CattleToday:

Check him out! Gotta stretch!
Looks a bit brindle here. Did I mention he's still a bull? 🤣
Only bull I own besides Big Sexy.....
20220621_180606.jpg
20220621_180732.jpg
Quite some time back, probly while I was still raising Seven, I pondered how good of a mama she would be. Will she make lots of milk? (Her mama does and dad was a chi influenced bull. His sisters make good milk. I have 2 of them) Would she maybe raise a second calf? Will she have twins? (She was a twin herself ya know) You know, all that stuff a man-mom wonders while raising a cow to be.....

I picked this lil fart up a while back for a "Lil" bit of nothing.

Guess that answers me questions
20220621_180826.jpg

You were expecting to see a 2nd twin calf weren't you???

Mutt n Jeff seem to be hanging out together. Gonna keep em penned a few more days and I'm watching closely at milk supply and calf condition. Not many folks would put a 2nd calf on a first calf heifer. A beef heifer at that!
Idk if yall remember Bertha (Sevens birth mother) or not. I tried grafting a calf on Bertha last year I think it was. She makes lots n lots of milk. Big sim-angus cow. She tolerated calf while she was eating feed, but became irate with the adopted calf when not preoccupied. It didn't work out.
Anyway!
20220625_092236.jpg

@MurraysMutts, they generally don't post the results until Thursday, but I'll check it tomorrow. Good run today! Still think you should take a short road trip up here - could be worth your while and I'll buy you lunch.
I usually look online. But they seem to not really post bottle calf prices on the market report.

I'm gonna have to come visit on a Wednesday sometime!
Never had a Kansas bottle calf! 😀

Latest posts