Bottle calf! Some say I'm crazy...

Help Support CattleToday:

Give her about 3 days of bottles and actually realizing that you are a good guy and bring her food, not headaches. She will probably start right in to eating hay and grain real quick too. Don't forget, although you have her locked in for a good reason, all she can think is that she is trapped and no mamma to talk to her...

2nd bottle wasnt quite as bad. But still work. Hopefully tmrw morning is easier. Gave her a handful of good Bermuda. Her poop is solid/normal. Shes been eating grass for a while fo sho!

Dont wanna fill her up. Still want her to take a bottle for a bit, so shes gentled. But dont want to create scours either.
Then I'll give her a buddy. Probly Dumbo n Opal. But that kicking sh!t has GOT TO GO!

Kickingest lil heifer I've ever worked with!
Hard to get her in a corner when shes constantly acting like a donkey turning her arse at ya in a defensive way.

O! And Seven is still springing heavy!
No bag tho. I mean none. Got my eyes on her....

Whew! I'm so happy!

Apparently she was bred about a month ago. I guess that would explain the weird behavior. She will be bred to Richard, my brangus. And this will be her first calf.

She gets a pardon til next year!
Yay, congrats!

Ummm, I only referred to Dick (my all time fave bull) as Richard around my 90 year old mother in law.;)

Well dern it!
Had to take one for the team. Neighbor's daughter fell in love with her. Least I hadn't named her yet....

She did a fine job raising the last one I sold em. And I figure any kid that has that much interest and enthusiasm, I'm very happy to help her pursue that!

They live about a mile down and over. I got this text this morning after I already fed the calf. Was gonna deliver it later in the day.

"My daughter wants to come down there and feed her calf she hears it from the front porch when she was drinking her coffee"

🤣🤣🤣

I'll have to get yall some pics of the critters shes raised up! Good lil kiddo

What would they think you pull up to the school to pick up your child/children like that. Bahahahahahaha. No worries he always doing that.
I know right?!
They always get a kick outta me loading em up in truck too!

O! And @Chevy did u end up selling Chevy?
Maybe name this one Ford and keep him FOREVER!!! 🤔 😉 😏 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts