Bottle calf! Some say I'm crazy...

Help Support CattleToday:

She lost her collar and bell dangitall!
Gave her the ear tag she deserved. Lucky girl...

Sniffing the phone...

She put on a bit of height as well.
I had her penned with the weaners for a bit. Idk if calmed them any or not, but she ate well while she was in there with em anyway.

She wont stay still for a nice picture. All she wants to do is eat or be loved on. Dang pet cow anyway...

How about this hot mess of a "bottle calf"? Except she never was! I'm currently supplementing a calf because his mama has mastitis; treated her but 1 quarter is dead & she's just not producing enough. Anyway, for some reason Big Bertha is allllll about the bottle and begs for any leftovers. Her calf is 6 weeks old and she's a heavy milker - maybe she thinks she's replenishing her supply? I got nuthin'. :)

Haha! That's great!
I dont dare shove a bottle in my cows faces. Then them suckers would be chasing me every time I get a bottle out too! Lolz

I'll have to get a couple new pics of Seven.
Shes smaller than the others from her group but she is kicking right along. Her sister is out on tha wheeet

Good to hear she's doing alright!
I'm finally winning an adoption battle, I put my wheezy calf down last sunday and got the momma to adopt the 2 month old male twin... I think they get along now

greggy said:
it still cracks me up to think cows want or will drink milk.....

Makes me giggle a lil too!
My luck it would get the cows to nursing each other and then id have a real problem. Lol
Not to mention getting mobbed every time I show up with a bottle for a baby calf...

I have bunch of weaned calves....no way would I walk in a pen or yard with milk, def likey to be bowled down.

Shes getting to be quite brown...
Still loves her man-mom tho.
She loves loves loves having her neck and under her jaw scratched. And the ears! Omg. Like a big ol puppy.
Waiting for that ugly ol wart on her forehead to be gone.

So what makes a person have an almost uncontrollable desire to purchase another bottle calf? This time of year I dont have as many things to do. Still plenty, but just not as many. Maybe I need to feel overwhelmed with responsibility?
I mean it's fun and all, but it costs a bit of money.
Perhaps it's the bond felt when raising a calf from a baby? Perhaps just knowing that your doing a good job? Or the satisfaction that comes from doing a good job? Do you feel loved when you bottle raise a calf?

20200929_181621.jpg

Latest posts