borrowed my gooseneck and tore up all the tires

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef":dev4uptz said:
well...i went for the tires and they were paid for but not the mtg...so the guy brings em out and theyre light truck ties e rated..about 4'' shorter than the ones on the trlr so they aint gonna werk..i have f rated 7.50-16 tires on it...22 ton gooseneck. i call em up and he has a fit ...costing me a fortune ...blah blah...so i says ''look man..all i wanna do is get my trlr back on the road. already needed it twice since it got tore up....i tell him im goin to got get tires for it from my bud at the trlr shop and he can come get the reciept (or not) when he gets back form his biz trip''...all the while hes having a cow bout the money....i really wanted to say...''well ya had money to buy one before ya fixed mine''...but i didnt. so today i go spend 500 bucks on tires for a trlr that was sittin in my barn..not costin me a dime or a moment of my time..and spend 1/2 day haulin tires back and forth and puttin em back on the trlr and then puttin the trlr back in the barn...cuz i got all kinds of nuthin to do....

all so i could do someone a favor...im known for being an a-hole at work....i dont see that changing much anytime soon. at least when people think im a d*** for not letting somebody borrow somethin it wont cost me anything....thats why i got a stk trlr and a backhoe for only having 15 cows...cuz i aint a borrower...

thanks for the vent..kept me from setting his truk on fire

gary
Somehow, I think borrowing parts off his trailer to fix yours would be appropriate. :lol2: Sheriff might not think so, but some how I think it would.

Just remember the "karma" thing. Everyone will get their due at the appropriate time. Normally, you don't even have to help it along.

he might make it right but ill still hafta do all the werk...that i didnt hafta do....

never enuff karma to go round kids

gary

well you learned to never loan him your trailer again.my dad would never borrow nothing from neighbors or friends.because he lived by the rule if it breaks he fixes it.an he has had stuff to break not his falt.an he fixed it.i have a friend that ive loaned my cattle trailer an shredder to a few times.an ive helped his son out a few times.an they are the only 1s id loan anything to.

Your story is exactly why I stopped loaning my stuff. Around here you loan something and If you want it back you have to go get it.
I am like you, I don't borrow anything.
Tom.

So he bought a trailer and yours is out of service. Looks like you know where to borrow a trailer till yours is fixed. Id sure hate it if you borrowed it and had to put old used tires on it to get it home cause the ones on it blew out. Let your imagination run wild.

Dad always lived buy the rule if he tore it up he fixed it. I live buy the same rule. But everytime I borrow something it seems like it would have been cheaper to rent one or have someone else do it.

I think he should have paid for the tires and mounting and balancing.

I did the same thing recently. I borrowed a guys stock trailer and I blew to tires out and tore up the plugin for the lights. ( turned to short and pulled plugin up ) Tires were just ready to go. I bought two new tires and replaced his old 6 prong plug with the new 7 prong that actually fit his new truck. He wanted to pay me for changing the plugend because he said he was going to do it anyway. I didnt let him. He is happy and so am I. Oh I washed the trailer inside and out to. JHH

JHH":qypgu8ql said:
Dad always lived buy the rule if he tore it up he fixed it. I live buy the same rule. But everytime I borrow something it seems like it would have been cheaper to rent one or have someone else do it.

I think he should have paid for the tires and mounting and balancing.

I did the same thing recently. I borrowed a guys stock trailer and I blew to tires out and tore up the plugin for the lights. ( turned to short and pulled plugin up ) Tires were just ready to go. I bought two new tires and replaced his old 6 prong plug with the new 7 prong that actually fit his new truck. He wanted to pay me for changing the plugend because he said he was going to do it anyway. I didnt let him. He is happy and so am I. Oh I washed the trailer inside and out to. JHH

thats how i live also..reason why this got me so bent

My main concern would be: Why did the tires blow.? Was there too much load? Did the brakes fail?
I would check my trailer brakes and make sure they are now safe.
I agree with ever one else, the trailer should have come back as it was taken.
Don

DonK":2tavufgj said:
My main concern would be: Why did the tires blow.? Was there too much load? Did the brakes fail?
I would check my trailer brakes and make sure they are now safe.
I agree with ever one else, the trailer should have come back as it was taken.
Don

im in that process now...spent 500 bucks on 4 tires mt'd not even counting grief or time and labor..i so wanna kick this guys ass but he aint werth it
gary

So, did you ever get made right on the situation???
Ran across this oldie because I used a neighbors trailer to haul some hay a month ago. Hay hung up on the spear and bent the side of the trailer. I offered to pay to fix it, but he is real good at welding and fab so he said not to worry bout it. He got paid anyway, he just didn't know it