Boredom showing...

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed how attracted to white vehicles flies seem to be?

Just this morning, while talking with one of my subs, I noticed my truck was covered in flies. His truck, (blue) was parked right beside mine, and didn't have a single fly on it.

I'm sure there must be some scientifical reason behind this, but it escapes me. :frowns:

I have noticed, though, that flies come into the house by the boatload if the weather is about to get cold.

Flies rank third. They fall behind fire ants and feral hogs. But, I think they were vying to move up in '06. Never remember seeing them so thick.

Move north! Nothing poisonous... no ants, no hogs, and no flies... On white or blue trucks! (This time of the year) :D
As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I seen a hog on a truck of any color up here...

Love bugs are attracted to white also. You can set out an old white 5 gal oil bucket and a black one and they will cover the white one up.

Wow! bugs, man we had a high of -1 today :roll: Wind chill -40.
My whiskers froze I couldn't open my mouth and you Southern folks are worried about bugs. :shock: :)

i think most all bugs are attracted to the color white (or perhaps just light in general). probably has something to do with the reflectability of the color. (i can make up words too). I know when i was in highschool that my science teacher told us to put a white sheet or cloth (paper works too) out in the yard on the ground to catch bugs for our bug collection.

Crowderfarms":2m5tjg2v said:
Dont worry Paint. Tomorrow's Saturday. (Your Bath day) :lol: Bet there aint a fly to be seen after that. ;-)

Hey Dufus, and Dufus Jr. (aka VanC), I wasn't in the truck at the time. Them flies weren't on me or near me. They was on my truck.

Besides, since I been so bored an all, I been bathin twicet a week!!!! :roll:

Is it the color or could it be what's under your truck that attracts them. Those patties sure do seem to stick to the bottom of a truck and to a fly its probably like "meals on wheels." :lol:

warpaint":1f0bnnu2 said:

TWICE!!?? Jeez, man, I hope you're on a well or use a nearby creek. If we did that here I wouldn't be able to pay the water bill. :D

VanC":3809p99y said:
warpaint":3809p99y said:

TWICE!!?? Jeez, man, I hope you're on a well or use a nearby creek. If we did that here I wouldn't be able to pay the water bill. :D

With all the rain the Delta's been gettin lately, alls I gotta do is stand outside in my birthday suit with a bar of soap.

Flies are color blind, they can't see blue, only black or white... you had white! :D

Alan

Boredom

Back to boredom. Look at all the old names on here!

I'm a bit bored as well. Kind of out of projects for a bit. Got my lil red pair I'm feeding a bit. Bessie is on her 2nd set.
Got the 2 mini bulls. But I really ain't got a clue what I'm doing with em. Feeding em a bit with red pair.
And Big Sister is home!
Waiting on her to calve with her first by Big Sexy! Should be about end of month.

Think I'll put it on cruise control til next month.
Gotta pull that mini herefords calf and wean her somewheres. And move Big Sister back after she calves. Then maybe I'll get a couple new projects. Heck! I should've just posted in my project thread.

Boredom overtook me....

Boredom. What do you do when you wake up at 5:00 and the sun doesn't show up until 6:50? Could go out and do chores by flash light. But it only takes 20 minutes to do them in the daylight so why start early. The wife is gone for a week visiting her sisters so I don't even have her here to harass.

Latest posts