Bored out of my Gourd

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Had the epidurel(sp) procedure done on the old wore out back yesterday and not supposed to do anything for a few days.
It amazes me I have 100's of TV channels and abosuletly nothing worth watching.

we have the same prob here.just put it on the western channel an put your feet up.

Are you saying the home shopping network just doesn't do it for you? How bout "the stories"? I hear the doctors is getting some rave reviews. ;-)

Caustic Burno":2fuibqg2 said:
Had the epidurel(sp) procedure done on the old wore out back yesterday and not supposed to do anything for a few days.
It amazes me I have 100's of TV channels and abosuletly nothing worth watching.

That's why I like the DVR. I can instantly pull up and watch 46 episodes of Hogan's Heroes or watch war movies all day long. Last year I had to lay in bed and watch a lot of t.v. :(

Get Netflix- I am having a great time watching old movies downloaded right to the PC

I am just not wired to stay in the house, just makes it worse when I have too. I am just to hyper to sit anywhere long. All I did the other day is postponing surgery. Degenerative disc diesease three gone in my neck and four in the low back.
One of those genetic things.

CB,
I know your pain, I've been getting those epidurals since 1980. They used to work but almost useless now. And how can we have over one hundred TV channels availaible and nothing worth watching. Hope you get better soon.
Tom

Hope you are able to get out of the house soon CB. Now how you feel you can watch only so much tv.and clean your guns so many times,and it's time to get out,if nothing else just sit on the porch and listen to the birds,the mommas bellering for their calf,and then watching the tree rats jump from limb to limb.
Take care of yourself.

Cal

Calman":3ngezpnj said:
Hope you are able to get out of the house soon CB. Now how you feel you can watch only so much tv.and clean your guns so many times,and it's time to get out,if nothing else just sit on the porch and listen to the birds,the mommas bellering for their calf,and then watching the tree rats jump from limb to limb.
Take care of yourself.

Cal

Been out rootin around on the mule feeling a lot better actually better than I have in years. Got to go back in for another procedure later this month. Then I have a consultation with the nerosurgen. If we don't get some rain and the temps don't straighten out there is not going to be anything to do. Night time temps are staying to cold for the bahia to go and daytime temps have got to hot for the rye grass and clover. Hay fields look like hammered damit. Might be a good year to just dump everything with the good prices we have right now and hold on to a young bull and a few select cows.

Sorry for your troubles. I too can not stand staying inside for long periods of time. I also had a similar situation with TV when I had shoulder surgery and had to sit in the recliner for hours. We have the dish, some 500 odd channels, never can find anything decent to watch.

This is little story how I got moving about......The fam damily got me situated the day after surgery and left the remote across the room, then they left for the day. Got stuck watching a marathon of those two nincompoops from hollywood go cross country staying with "real" folks. (can't remember the name of the show). Nothing will get a person up and at em faster than that crap. The next day, tossed the vicodan bottle out, grapped my pain pump and headed outside.

Good luck with the back and the cattle.

Nothing worse than having to be still and with pain....hope you get to feeling better soon and go outside and walk about. Get someone to rig you up a hamock and lay in the sun/shade and enjoy the sounds you should soon drop off to sleep, might while away a few hours, days seem so long when you are incapacitated.

After my knee surgery, I was on bed rest with the leg elevated for a week, then 2 more weeks of very limited activity. 3 days and I was about to come unglued. Even though I had worked my tail off the week before to get ahead, all I could think about was what needed to be done, and the worthless crap on TV couldn't even distract me.

Caustic Burno":1wt9g824 said:
Thanks for all the encouragement, feeling much better and rooting around. Have to remember nothing has been fixed yet just covered up.

CB how ya doin? Havent heard from ya in a while. Hope your better and getting out of your roost.

Cal

1982vett":1236pw9p said:
Nothing like watching a good rain..........enjoy. :D

Been watching a lot of rain lately.
Thinking about putting pontoon's on the 4 wheeler just so I can check cattle.

Cal

Latest posts