Border Wall Prototypes

Help Support CattleToday:

Mark my words: The border wall will be a bigger failure than Vietnam and the war on drugs. This will make Trump the most reviled president we've ever had. If you can't keep prisoners in a prison (minus Florence, CO), this fence won't work. Desperate people will find a way. I'd love to see the flow of people coming in staunched, but this will not be that cure.

Bestoutwest":ez9i25kh said:
Mark my words: The border wall will be a bigger failure than Vietnam and the war on drugs. This will make Trump the most reviled president we've ever had. If you can't keep prisoners in a prison (minus Florence, CO), this fence won't work. Desperate people will find a way. I'd love to see the flow of people coming in staunched, but this will not be that cure.

I wish you wouldn't bring the political side of it to this post. This post was only meant for your viewing pleasure.

The 8 prototypes look about the same except the one that is louvered on the bottom half.

It would be nice if the wall is constructed with a surface that is suitable for graffiti. Then, in 5 years we could judge whether Mexicans or Americans are more artistic.

Treat illegal immigrants like we treat suspected terrorists in other countries and illegal immigration would stop after the first drone strike.

Bestoutwest":37dt1tl9 said:

You gotta wall around your family.
How bout a fence around your yard. How bout your pasture?

Son of Butch":6p7zo9vu said:
I prefer digging a moat to building a wall.
Do it right and could serve a useful waterway purpose too for both nations... like a 2nd Panama canal.
Their pretty good swimmers you know... :cowboy:

slick4591":1qi6koxl said:
Bestoutwest":1qi6koxl said:

I wish you wouldn't bring the political side of it to this post. This post was only meant for your viewing pleasure.

When tax dollars get spent on it, it becomes political.

callmefence":1qi6koxl said:
You gotta wall around your family.
How bout a fence around your yard. How bout your pasture?

Having walls on a house and pasture fence is a bit different. This wall will never work. You bury it 20 feet deep, they'll burrow 21 feet. You make it 20 feet tall, they'll get a 24 foot fence. It's a political gesture based on pandering to the base. Honestly, I think there are better ways to spend that money, and bigger issues to fix. I'm not saying abandon border security, but this is not a good fix.

Son of Butch":383gz3tg said:
I prefer digging a moat to building a wall.
Do it right and could serve a useful waterway purpose too for both nations... like a 2nd Panama canal.
Already have the Rio Grande for a large part of the way. Quiet a lot of commerce moves up, down and across it.....mostly dope.

Not being overly critical, but what would stop them from scabbing together a ladder, and climbing on over?

Bestoutwest":8rxwlrs4 said:
I think your wrong. I like you and usually reaped your posts but I think your wrong if you don't think we can wall off Mexico.

Bigfoot":j8wtb1xe said:
Not being overly critical, but what would stop them from scabbing together a ladder, and climbing on over?

My thought exactly. If I'm a poor Mexican and the only thing separating me from hunger and poverty is a fence.
I'll pole vault if I have to.

Only thing that's going stop the dope and human trafficking is technology and man power to police it

Your never going to stop them all, slow the majority of them down and manage the rest. We're spending a lot more money in Puerto Rico for nothing, compared to what the wall and the security will cost.

Now that the subject has moved beyond viewing pleasure, will a conventional wall work? Despite suggestions that illegal aliens be simply shot - the United States will not approve such methods.

Obviously, this has been debated. I think it was a good idea to build prototypes. It might be also good to build a test wall and employ a contractor to investigate if the wall works.

Latest posts