Border Partrol

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
I think it'd be fun to work border patrol for a summer. What do you guys think, good idea or bad idea?

People who have elderly family close to the borders are moving them farther in to the state. There's been a war brewing for years. It is coming over the river occasionally.

FarmGirl10":276ngvig said:
I think it'd be fun to work border patrol for a summer. What do you guys think, good idea or bad idea?

Probably would be fun if they have them on the Canadian border. On the southern border it would be dangerous and boring most of the time unless you just love sand, cactus, heat, dry weather, loads of sunshine, snakes, scorpions, illegals, murders,kidnappings and stumbling over dead rotting bodies. :banana:

Surely you don't mean the Mexican border???? I had a cousin by marriage who worked the Canadian border in summers and it didn't look too bad. That was before 9/11.

FarmGirl10":3kqt5zis said:
I would do it in a heart beat. I don't know that it would be "fun". The risk is significant (to say the least), but the money would be good enough I think.

When I was working I was driveing by where they "finish" the Border Patrol trucks--Every week I'd have a truck come by me with a load of wrecked,burned,beaten trucks.Also truck after truck carrying off new ones.

:lol: I know its a bad idea, but it would be quite the experience. I know if I say something to Ryan about it he would have a heart attack. :(

FarmGirl10":3fsawd4n said:
:lol: I know its a bad idea, but it would be quite the experience. I know if I say something to Ryan about it he would have a heart attack. :(

Why not just join the army?? At least you would be better equipped. ;-)

TexasBred":2kyhn5l5 said:
FarmGirl10":2kyhn5l5 said:

Why not just join the army?? At least you would be better equipped. ;-)
The army would be the last one I'd join.

FarmGirl10":1byhpr9o said:

If you're talking about the US Border Patrol, I don't think that's a summer job. There's a pretty stiff training criteria you've got to go through before you are accepted.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/cust ... n_process/

Frankie":1776mn2q said:
FarmGirl10":1776mn2q said:

If you're talking about the US Border Patrol, I don't think that's a summer job. There's a pretty stiff training criteria you've got to go through before you are accepted.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/cust ... n_process/
I don't think I'm going to do it. But I got connections within the Border Patrol.

It would be good for allot of people to at least observe and assist......it is an eye opening experience from both perspectives (pros and cons).

I do't think it matters which border you are on because both are dangerous. Had a border agent get poisoned up here. They have not caught who did it.

Latest posts