Border Opened

Help Support CattleToday:

BWA

Reaction score
I heard on the News last night that the first load of cattle crossed the border from Ontario into the US. I am very happy about this news!! Hopefully nothing changes this in Montana.

BWA":1s6qa0i2 said:
I heard on the News last night that the first load of cattle crossed the border from Ontario into the US. I am very happy about this news!! Hopefully nothing changes this in Montana.

3 loads crossed the border yesterday coming south.
Also was told that 4 loads went north into Canada.

Manitobas first load to go on thurs. -they have to be tagged -branded,vet check before loading ,unloaded at the boarder and rechecked by vet and have to be finished at the designated feed lot--a lot of hoops to jump through but its a start

Don't know if my reply fits here or not but we spent last week in Vancouver,BC and watched some news reports there of some of the first cattle to cross over. Actually they spot lighted one rancher that was shipping less than 40 head south.

Like was mentioned they had to be vet checked on both sides of the border and mouthed to be sure they were under 30 mos. of age. Fuel prices up there were out of this world.

How the heck can someone in Canada make any money off shipping their cattle?

Seems like the only money makin' going on I saw in the last week was if you held stock in Tyson.

J

EIEIO":y27zc2jg said:
How the heck can someone in Canada make any money off shipping their cattle?J

According to what I've read, no one in Canada is making money on cattle, period!

msscamp":20k3d1wz said:
EIEIO":20k3d1wz said:

According to what I've read, no one in Canada is making money on cattle, period!

So, what's you point. Neither are we.... :lol:

anghere":2tx0d224 said:
If you're in the States and haven't made any money in the cattle business over the last couple of years, you might as well give up. It'll probably never happen for you. Some of you guys need a good dose of 60 cent four weight steer calves to bring you back to reality. And don't say it'll never happen.

Texan":34tgz0hp said:
anghere":34tgz0hp said:
If you're in the States and haven't made any money in the cattle business over the last couple of years, you might as well give up. It'll probably never happen for you. Some of you guys need a good dose of 60 cent four weight steer calves to bring you back to reality. And don't say it'll never happen.

Wasn't that long ago when you stop to think about it.

Texan":3ir74fvq said:
anghere":3ir74fvq said:

exactly what i was thinking... if it ainta happening now, it aint ever going to imo..

jt

Craig-TX":2etiwjh1 said:
Texan":2etiwjh1 said:
anghere":2etiwjh1 said:

Wasn't that long ago when you stop to think about it.

In 2000 hauled quite a few 1500 pound cows for 20 to 30 cents and glad to get it.

anghere":26no8rh8 said:
msscamp":26no8rh8 said:
EIEIO":26no8rh8 said:

Who is this 'we' you are referring to? You got a mouse in your pocket? A lot of people are making money in the US.

Prices are as high as they have ever been in my lifetime, when I can take a 460# cull calf to the sale and bring home $750 after sale fees I would say that is pretty darn good

The beef industry as a whole is very stong down here in Texas and even old cull cows are bringing in the upper 60's, if they are old and you can afford to replace them, now is the time to do it

Latest posts