Boomless Sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

JDsafeman":1vjbnjzt said:
I have the one shown in this picture...http://www.remcorsprayers.com/xp_boomjet.htm.
I get a 29' spread very consistently. I usually overlap about a foot, but on one field I did not overlap enough. A week later it was very noticeable where I missed. It gave me the opportunity to measure the actual coverage.
The manufacturer is near where I live but they have dealers that may be near you. These people are very knowledgeable about their product and are very friendly.
Others may make something like this, I don't know. I have been very impressed with its performance on breezy days.
Your link doesn't work. I also don't see any videos or information explaining how this could be better than a boom. I also see no way that a boomless nozzle can have less drift than a boom. I also dont see a boomjet that is a boomless nozzle. All they seem to sell is a pasture nozzle:http://www.remcorsprayers.com/support/accessories/pasturenoz.html Which is not a BOOMJET

MasseyFerg":lthun33u said:
JDsafeman":lthun33u said:
I have the one shown in this picture...http://www.remcorsprayers.com/xp_boomjet.htm.
I get a 29' spread very consistently. I usually overlap about a foot, but on one field I did not overlap enough. A week later it was very noticeable where I missed. It gave me the opportunity to measure the actual coverage.
The manufacturer is near where I live but they have dealers that may be near you. These people are very knowledgeable about their product and are very friendly.
Others may make something like this, I don't know. I have been very impressed with its performance on breezy days.
Your link doesn't work. I also don't see any videos or information explaining how this could be better than a boom. I also see no way that a boomless nozzle can have less drift than a boom. I also dont see a boomjet that is a boomless nozzle. All they seem to sell is a pasture nozzle:http://www.remcorsprayers.com/support/accessories/pasturenoz.html Which is not a BOOMJET

in the link photo
the first one pictured is a hamilton boomless nozzle
the second one is a spraying systems (teejet) cluster nozzle termed by spraying systems as boomjet http://www.teejet.com/english/home/prod ... zzles.aspx

MasseyFerg":3p77gwij said:
JDsafeman":3p77gwij said:

I think it depends on individual applications and physical conditions. I can see where a boom would be preferable if one has big clean smooth areas to spray, but if you have any objects you would have to avoid, like trees, tall stumps, buildings, then the boomless could be an advantage. No single design is perfect for every pasture--all have their advantages and disadvantages. It's a mixed ag I guess, as some say boomles has larger droplets which reduce drift, others counter that the distance from nozzle orifice to impact site is further, giving the herbicide more time to be exposed to wind--one of the age old discussion points I suppose.
I'd go nuts trying to keep a boom out of the trees and brushpiles on my place right now.

5880 BoomJet Boomless Nozzles with Extra Wide Flat Spray Projection

Features

Combines two off-center tips and three VeeJet nozzles to produce an overall wide swath flat spray.
The nozzle assembly provides good distribution considering the wide pattern coverage obtained; however, the uniformity is not as good as with a properly operated boom sprayer.*
Supplied with one additional 1/4" NPT pipe plug and one blank tip for setting BoomJet to one side only.
Also has a 1/4" NPT pressure gauge port.
*Uniformity can be optimized by double overlapping spray swaths on successive sprayer passes. Remember, this also doubles the application volume.

Typical Applications

Type 5880 BoomJet nozzle is used for spraying areas not easily accessed with a boom sprayer.

I have been using boomless nozzles for near 50 years and I don't care how big it says it makes the drops. If the wind is blowing over 5-10 mph, you get drift

greybeard":2b4u52k4 said:
MasseyFerg":2b4u52k4 said:
JDsafeman":2b4u52k4 said:

I think it depends on individual applications and physical conditions. I can see where a boom would be preferable if one has big clean smooth areas to spray, but if you have any objects you would have to avoid, like trees, tall stumps, buildings, then the boomless could be an advantage. No single design is perfect for every pasture--all have their advantages and disadvantages. It's a mixed ag I guess, as some say boomles has larger droplets which reduce drift, others counter that the distance from nozzle orifice to impact site is further, giving the herbicide more time to be exposed to wind--one of the age old discussion points I suppose.
I'd go nuts trying to keep a boom out of the trees and brushpiles on my place right now.

5880 BoomJet Boomless Nozzles with Extra Wide Flat Spray Projection

Features

Combines two off-center tips and three VeeJet nozzles to produce an overall wide swath flat spray.
The nozzle assembly provides good distribution considering the wide pattern coverage obtained; however, the uniformity is not as good as with a properly operated boom sprayer.*
Supplied with one additional 1/4" NPT pipe plug and one blank tip for setting BoomJet to one side only.
Also has a 1/4" NPT pressure gauge port.
*Uniformity can be optimized by double overlapping spray swaths on successive sprayer passes. Remember, this also doubles the application volume.

Typical Applications

Type 5880 BoomJet nozzle is used for spraying areas not easily accessed with a boom sprayer.

The nozzle assembly provides good distribution considering the wide pattern coverage obtained; however, the uniformity is not as good as with a properly operated boom sprayer Like i said, it will never be as good as a boom in any wind.

It;s partially because we have to spray under so many desireable trees that I went to a boom.

Does anyone know anything about Shaben Boomless sprayers? I hear Wylie makes a good one, the they are extremely expensive. Remcor is too far away to justify going to pick one up. Any recommendations?

banekar":13sjuvwv said:
Does anyone know anything about Shaben Boomless sprayers? I hear Wylie makes a good one, the they are extremely expensive. Remcor is too far away to justify going to pick one up. Any recommendations?

if your talking about this one it uses the hamilton nozzle and i really like the nozzle
cheap tank but thats about all anyone builds anymore.
hypro roller pump, choice of cast, ni-resist or silvercast.
cheap regulator that will have to be replaced before long
you could build your own for less money but not a bad unit really.
http://www.schabenindustries.com/3_point_sprayers.html

wylie mfg builds good products but i won't do business with scott wylie

For any sprayer the 3 most important parts to be of top quality are the pump, the adjustment valves and the nozzles themselves. Most everything else you can scratch together and make work but if any one of those 3 parts isn;t right the ehowl deal is pretty much junk.

If in the winter when you lay it up you flush the roller pump and run some motor oil through it the pump will last just about forever (15 years so far). The neighbor didn;t lay his up for winter and he had to replace the pump and they ain;t cheap for the good ones. His is the same make and model as ours, he got one spraying season out of it.

banekar":3rglb7r9 said:
We are looking for a boomless sprayer about 300 gallons. I saw the post about the Remcor and have talked to them, sounds really nice but a long way away from me to go and get. Does anyone have any other recommendations.
Don't know anything about this ad, but it looks like a pretty good deal if it's what you are looking for.
http://easttexas.craigslist.org/grd/3170902738.html

(might have been a typo on the price and it might have already sold--I do not know where the town of Diana is either, but it came up in an East Texas search)

I started with a boomless but never liked all the drift problems. Later I got a decent 30ft boom. Didn't like having to replace nozzles after ground contact on hilly terrain, or hitting the fence, or not being able to get into tree areas etc. So now I have both with a switch valve mounted on a 300 gal sprayer. Geneally I like using the boom except when in hilly areas or doing a fence line, or tree area. Now if I could just figure out how to fold/unfold the booms and throw the switch from the tractor.

I looked at this one today--Boom type--at Producer's Co-op in Bryan.
http://www.schabenindustries.com/images ... railer.jpg

Had a 300 gal tank on it--and it was the only sprayer they had in stock--no 3 pts at all and won't have any again till after their expo in early Dec. The retail price for that one was around $13/gal.
A nice unit I suppose, and come this time next year, I'll probably regret not writing the check.

Caustic Burno":1urgvhi7 said:
banekar":1urgvhi7 said:
What type and brand of sprayer do you have this nozzle on ?

I have a 3 pt Fimco and a homemade one on a trailer.
Got any pictures of your home built one? I'm wanting to build one but I sure hate to put that welding hood on in this heat--more like a winter job.

greybeard":1yum4sva said:
Caustic Burno":1yum4sva said:
banekar":1yum4sva said:
What type and brand of sprayer do you have this nozzle on ?

I have a 3 pt Fimco and a homemade one on a trailer.
Got any pictures of your home built one? I'm wanting to build one but I sure hate to put that welding hood on in this heat--more like a winter job.

No I can try and get some when I remember.
Wasn't much welding to it.
Got a surplus 300 gallon tote and put in on a short two wheel trailer.
Welded a piece of angle iron behind it and on each side, I made a box for the tote to sit in.
The rest was just plumbing.

Caustic Burno":wv42xbz4 said:
Wasn't much welding to it.
Got a surplus 300 gallon tote and put in on a short two wheel trailer.
Welded a piece of angle iron behind it and on each side, I made a box for the tote to sit in.
The rest was just plumbing.
I have seen a tote/spray rig set up on hay forks which seemed to work well. Of course you need plenty of front end weight to carry it.

Latest posts