Boomless Sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

gildehbc

Reaction score
We are looking at some pull behind 300 gallon sprayers. Is anyone familiar with or had experience with the Heavybilt brand of spayers?? Or how about the pasture blaster form Ag -Spray??

gildehbc":2rdi5t5m said:
We are looking at some pull behind 300 gallon sprayers. Is anyone familiar with or had experience with the Heavybilt brand of spayers?? Or how about the pasture blaster form Ag -Spray??

No most around here build there own
so much cheaper.

I just bought a John Bean 100 gallon 3pt sprayer for $125.. the pump on it is worth well over 1000, all ceramic pistons, 10gpm @ 400 PSI if you want that much.. have the same sprayer in orchard version with a blower turbine on it.. they're well made

gildehbc":2sfrq882 said:

The Ag-Spray looks like a lighter duty rig.

Our local feed store just started carrying the Heavybuilt brand. Haven't gotten to look at them up close yet.

I agree on building you own if at all posssible. Cheap jacks, tires, nozzles, pumps, and pin hitches drive me crazy on most of the store bought sprayers.

wbvs58":18bfw6w7 said:
Nesikep":18bfw6w7 said:

That's a solid looking pump Nesi.

Ken
40 years old and works just fine.. there's a reason it's an expensive pump, and that's the reason it's still working.. if you don't freeze them, they're virtually indestructable, they're made for wettable powders, etc, so all internals, valves, etc are ceramic and stainless.. Tank had a little bit of rust in it, but the lining has endured very well, I'll probably recoat it on the bottom.

On the other one with the stainless tank, the frame totally rusted off around it, I ground everything off and rebuilt it from the ground up.. good for another 50 years now

I just bought the AG spray 300 gallon boomless and it works good but I sure miss a lot of stuff. Mine has the electric shutoff solenoid.

I checked out that heavy built sprayer today in town. Looks like a solid rig. Forgot to call them to see what the price was like. it had torsion axles... pretty fancy. :) I beat around on the iron a little and I do think the "Heavy Built" name is justified.

I have had a heavy built about 7 or 8 years. 335 gallon low profile. I bought straight from the factory. Mine has been a good unit and I have pulled it over some real rough spots while fully loaded. The torsion axles are a nice feature. I looked at Wylies of the same type and thought the heavy built was just as nice for almost $1000 cheaper. I spray about 500 acres per year with it and also use the hand wand to spray brush.
The pumps are low end but not a big deal. Easily replaced for $120 or buy a rebuild kit for $40. I am on my third one.
They are good folks to work with and will help you out if you have a problem or need a part. I would buy another one.

wbvs58":1sui6ux0 said:
That's a nifty looking drive shaft on it too Nesi. I just can't make out how it expands though.

Ken
It's a little long to use on the Massey with the PTO extension, and a little short to use it without it.. it does have a slip yoke, but it's right about bottomed out there... I'll have to tune it to the tractor I want to use it on, when I decide on what that is.

bird dog":1ospjitl said:
I have had a heavy built about 7 or 8 years. 335 gallon low profile. I bought straight from the factory. Mine has been a good unit and I have pulled it over some real rough spots while fully loaded. The torsion axles are a nice feature. I looked at Wylies of the same type and thought the heavy built was just as nice for almost $1000 cheaper. I spray about 500 acres per year with it and also use the hand wand to spray brush.
The pumps are low end but not a big deal. Easily replaced for $120 or buy a rebuild kit for $40. I am on my third one.
They are good folks to work with and will help you out if you have a problem or need a part. I would buy another one.

$3800 on that 500g sprayer locally. That's a good buy IMO.

Caustic Burno":2xg1760o said:
gildehbc":2xg1760o said:

No most around here build there own
so much cheaper.

Got my old sprayer hooked up and ready to go this morning.

He probably got it at Triangles R Us which is right next to Spatula City in Beaumont. ;-)

I like that boom set up Vett.
I notice you too, are in the "Spray wagons don't care if the tires don't match" camp.

I looked at some 300 gal sprayers at Bryan a few weeks ago. The cheap ones are pushing $3500 now.
I can't justify that, so will keep using my raggedy looking home built one, tho I would like a real tank for it instead of that tall tote.
cyl shaped poly leg tanks run around $2.25/ gal tho and a 225 gal is around $500. ouch!

Brute 23":3hkwham6 said:
Where did you get that huge triangle?
:lol2: optical illusion. couldn't come up with an easy and inexpensive breakaway solution so the boom folds back. I use bungee chords to hold them open. SMV emblem is on a bracket that holds them folded back.

1982vett":19zqylxj said:
Brute 23":19zqylxj said:
Where did you get that huge triangle?
:lol2: optical illusion. couldn't come up with an easy and inexpensive breakaway solution so the boom folds back. I use bungee chords to hold them open. SMV emblem is on a bracket that holds them folded back.

:lol2: That makes sense. I hate to admit how long I looked at that pic. My first thought was... surely he didn't photoshop that triangle in...

Latest posts