Boomless sprayer for 4-wheeler

Help Support CattleToday:

Diehard40

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these boomless sprayers on their 4 wheeler for small area spraying?
Just wondering if you bought it or built it?
Kind of wondering how hard they are to build.

Bought mine at TSC. Works really well. Sprays a 30' swath. Shouldn't be too difficult to build.

Good luck & happy trails.

Brock

Brock

You have a sprayer for a 4 wheeler that sprays a 30' span ? And it is a boom less sprayer ? I have one that is a boom sprayer that sprays a 10' span. What is TSC or the name of the place that you got your sprayer ?

Stepper":2q4rwxs8 said:
Brock

You have a sprayer for a 4 wheeler that sprays a 30' span ? And it is a boom less sprayer ? I have one that is a boom sprayer that sprays a 10' span. What is TSC or the name of the place that you got your sprayer ?

It is boomless & sprays 30feet. Has center nozzle that sprays 6ft & nozzle on each end that sprays sideways 12ft. Has 25 gallon tank & 12 volt pump, also has a hand gun for spot spraying.

MSSCAMP is correct, got it at Tractor Supply. The brand name is FIMCO, made in South Dakota.

Brock

I tried spraying thistle with my four wheeler myself earlier this Spring and did not kill it out. I dont know how to calibrate a sprayer that goes on a four wheeler. So i can not the the right amount of spray that it takes to kill certain weeds like thistle.

But i am going to have to find a TSC and check one of thoes 30' sprayers out. That sounds like it would be the ticket to spray with exspecially when it is to wet to get to with a tractor.

Brock do you know how to calibrate your sprayer so that you can put the right rate of chemical out ? I know how to calibrate one that goes on a tractor but have not figured out how to do it on a four wheeler sprayer.

The simpilest way is to flag off one acre and experiment with water. Pick a steady speed or rpm and see how much water it takes to cover the acre. Might take more than once to work it out.

If you can contact the prayer manufacturere they should be able to tell you waht nozzle pressure and speed equate to what number of gallons per acre.

Stepper":132t5csk said:
I tried spraying thistle with my four wheeler myself earlier this Spring and did not kill it out. I dont know how to calibrate a sprayer that goes on a four wheeler. So i can not the the right amount of spray that it takes to kill certain weeds like thistle.

But i am going to have to find a TSC and check one of thoes 30' sprayers out. That sounds like it would be the ticket to spray with exspecially when it is to wet to get to with a tractor.

Brock do you know how to calibrate your sprayer so that you can put the right rate of chemical out ? I know how to calibrate one that goes on a tractor but have not figured out how to do it on a four wheeler sprayer.

The owners manual has a table that tells the gallons per acre at various speeds & pressures. I try for 6gpa or 4 acres per tank. For 2,4-d at 1 qt/ac= 1 gal 2,4-d per tank. I believe it takes 18 psi @ 8 mph for this rate. Just set the pressure & drive the right speed.....LOL Usually end up spraying 4-5 acres per tank. Hope this makes sense.

Brock

Latest posts