Boom Sprayer question

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerjohn

Reaction score
what is the advantage of a boom sprayer over a single nozzle (that I currently use) for pasture spraying?
More precise application?
Can I spray in higher wind conditions?

The uniformity of the spray and it works better on weeds that may be a little shorter then the ones next to them. Plus, you can spray in higher winds.

dun

farmerjohn":9hgs5z18 said:
Thank you.

Can I build my own boom? What kind of pipe would you suggest?

If your gona build one ... build a wing to support flexible Tygon type hose. It will be easier to maintain and you have a view to any blockage.

I have both. Prefer boomless but as you point out wind is a factor. With a boom you can spray in windier(sp) conditions and it does work better when spraying for armyworms, etc. I use square tubing. No problem to build other than the knuckle or pivot point. It needs to be able to spring back if you hit something. I'd suggest looking at some sprayers and coming up with an idea of how to construct the knuckle. I know how I would do it but don't think I could explain it in words. As a side suggestion, consider putting your boom on the sprayer with the boomless nozzles with a quick detachable setup. I got one of thes and its sweet.

dun":1jewm5nn said:
The uniformity of the spray and it works better on weeds that may be a little shorter then the ones next to them. Plus, you can spray in higher winds.

dun
Wylie makes a pretty good sprayer. I bought a new one about three years ago for $1400, it was trailer mounted and 300 gallon with a boom jet sprayer.
Thier website.: http://www.wyliesprayers.com/products/products.htm

farmerjohn":1dhn2a3l said:
Thank you.

Can I build my own boom? What kind of pipe would you suggest?
I made mine out of 1/2"pvc gluing female adapters in the tee's for the tips to screw in. The only draw back is that it isn't very flexable. I've broke mine a few times in the fence or misjudging a gate.

Is my (hard) well water going to clog all of the nozzles up?
The single nozzle is easy to clean with Lime-a-Way..

farmerjohn":1hkr46kx said:
Is my (hard) well water going to clog all of the nozzles up?
The single nozzle is easy to clean with Lime-a-Way..

Our water is so hard it will bruise you in the shower and I haven;t had a problem with anything accumulating in the nozzles. Maybe the chemicals help keep them clear.

dun

farmerjohn,

Checkout remcorsprayers.com or go on over to Howe. They are pretty easy to find, take the North Howe exit on 75 and then turn right at the stop sign. Then go South about three blocks and you'll find them on the West side of the street.

Galen is pretty sharp on the sprayers and can help you set up a boomless rig. I'd have to go check, but I think they used 3/8" pipe with a reducer on the end for the Tee Jet nozzles.

I bought a 300 gallon boomless sprayer from them last spring and have been pretty happy with the setup. My pasture is so rough that a sprayer with booms would never survive.

Remcore Inc.
504 S. Denny
Howe, TX.
903-532-6241

Thanks,

I will check them out. I think that my dad bought a rope wick from them about 10 or 15 years ago.

Latest posts