booger at almost 4 months

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDMtMjAxMDA1MjMtMTQxM.jpg

Here's a pic of booger at almost 4 months( on the 11th of June) Not the best pic but ill get another later. Just brought them back after taking them so momma could get rebred. Ill preg check in 45 days. Anyone have a link to instructions on how to arm one and what to feel for?

I know. Now matter how much grass, hay, supplements, minerals she has she is holding bcs where you see her at now. I'm considering weaning the calf off next month instead of at 6 months.

Have you dewormed her?? Calf isn't rolly-polly, so it doesn't look like she's losing condition because she's milking too heavy. I don't remember the circumstances. Is she a 2-yr old? Weaning at 5 months might help.

I'm worming them this week. Shoulda done it last month but they were gone. Was going to do it on the trailer, but forgot. That very well could be the issue.

Yes, she's a 2yr old. I just got in from working, so ran out and wormed her before I forgot again. Talking to the guy where she was at, he said she wasn't very agressive at feeding time, so maybe she didn't get her fair share. And her bcs did drop about 1 while she was away for the 45 days. I mispoke when I said she had been holding a this condition. I just went back and looked at the pictures I took before they left. Hopefully she rebounds and is bred. If she doesn't improve in the next month ill wean the calf.

She (momma ) seems to be bouncing back well, just a week after pulling her. Noticeable difference in her condition to my untrained eye. Wormed her, good grass, minerals and protein. Hopefully it continues. Got her in the loading chute to pull the blood sample. Gate in front t posts horitinzal behing. What does she do? Turns around in the chute and jumps over the gate! Dangit. Chutes is about 40 inches wide. Guess I need to make it 30 inches wide. Already put a headache board across the top of the gate and its already working.....hit my head on it 3 times this afternoon while working on the chute width. Dangit!

Yeah well I figure if you don't have a sense of humor you shouldn't have any animals esp cattle. glad I could bring a laugh to your day

Latest posts