Bologna: lunch meat or economic indicator?

Help Support CattleToday:

pdfangus":yiapel5e said:
bologna and cheese and sliced tomato in my lunch pail today.....no sammich as doctor had me cut out all bread and potatoes trying to get the sugar down....so bologna, cheese and tomatoes with salt and pepper....eat it with a spoon...sounds gross but it is pretty good....

have lost about fifteen lbs just by cutting out bread and potatoes...sugar is down but not low enough yet.....driving the wife nuts as she has always been a meat and potatoes cook....does not know how to feed me....

I have lost 45 since January and off all the diabetic meds.
Pretty easy if the good Lord made it you can eat it according to the Doc.
Man made it you can't.
This little jewel makes life great.
http://www6.netrition.com/tova_carbquik_page.html
Heck the Mrs, has got this stuff down.
She even makes carb free cream cheese pie.
Gets cream and cooks it down with splenda to make sweet and condensed milk.

backhoeboogie":1f0x7gus said:
TexasBred":1f0x7gus said:
backhoeboogie":1f0x7gus said:
It was hilarious when she would forget to change her user I.D. for her different personalities:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39468&start=15&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&p=436686&view=show#p436686

I always thought Mod1, ALX and Bez_ were all the same "sharpshooter" on loan to the US Military.

Not Bez. Angus Limmo Cross, and ALX always hated the same folks a certain mod disliked. AplusMT, or however he named himself, was despised by Frankie. Mostly because he liked CB. Her other two personalities chimed in, frequently.

Never heard a harsh words towards those outside of her Favor from Bez. Bez mostly just told it like it was. Really cut lose over at Rancher's too. Funny that some folks would kiss his azz on one forum and confront him on the other.

Freedom of speech was very hard to understand for some. Still is for others.

Even harder for some to understand that "both parties to a disagreement" have it. :!: :!:

back to the topic.....based on the taste of my bologna and cheese and tomato dry soup lunch.....things are basically better this afternoon than they were this morning....

pdfangus":2ibkv070 said:
back to the topic.....based on the taste of my bologna and cheese and tomato dry soup lunch.....things are basically better this afternoon than they were this morning....

This is a lower glycemic index pasta.
It is for me anyway I really don't see how you could make a low carb pasta.
I get a very slow rise with this versus the spike of normal and don't get the high's.
http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/

Caustic Burno":3ovlkcsa said:
Man made it you can't.

My problem too CB....too many carbs. Carbs are burned quickly and meet all your energy needs, not allowing your body to burn the accumulated fat you already have to meet your energy needs. Cut the carbs...you'll lose weight.

Caustic Burno":1yem0t1w said:
pdfangus":1yem0t1w said:
bologna and cheese and sliced tomato in my lunch pail today.....no sammich as doctor had me cut out all bread and potatoes trying to get the sugar down....so bologna, cheese and tomatoes with salt and pepper....eat it with a spoon...sounds gross but it is pretty good....

have lost about fifteen lbs just by cutting out bread and potatoes...sugar is down but not low enough yet.....driving the wife nuts as she has always been a meat and potatoes cook....does not know how to feed me....

Man made it you can't.

That's excellent CB!!! That's not an easy accomplishment
Guessing that your LDL & triglycerides are down too.

Pretty envious of your success, CB. I've been trying to loose weight as it looks like insulin is on my horizon. Sugar is always high in the morning but levels off during the day. Finding a diet that will accommodate both diabetes and heart issues is pretty tough to come across.

slick4591":2i5ki8f6 said:
Pretty envious of your success, CB. I've been trying to loose weight as it looks like insulin is on my horizon. Sugar is always high in the morning but levels off during the day. Finding a diet that will accommodate both diabetes and heart issues is pretty tough to come across.

Quit eating that is what I did.
Cut the meal portions way back and eat healthy, no snacks.
We rarely eat away from the house , the Mrs has most everything from
desert to the main course is low carb.
She has ticker issues and me with diabetes. Get more exercise.
If I am going to look at something I walk instead of getting on the Mule.
Have my 30 day glucose average at 116 that is testing 6 times a day.

My cholesterol never has been high just lower now.

SIMILAR....

I only test in the morning when I first awake before consuming anything...

when had trouble with the lawn mower I bought a push mower and cut grass three or four evenings a week now...
when I go look at the cows in the neighbors fields I generally take the horse rather than the tractor now....

very difficult to eat out and eat healthy and not go broke....

big difference is my wife is struggling with the new menu....I do more that half of my own meal planning and preparation now....

Latest posts