Boiling point of water?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
inbredredneck":qg644so4 said:
212 thats hot
It's also the actual temp at which water boils. Water won't boil at a HEAT INDEX of 212. Just in case you couldn't figure that out :cowboy:

hooknline":2oqn2kcy said:
This reminds me of a particularly hot day 2 years. I was working on a day that was 95 degrees and 86% rh. But I was working on top of bright aluminum bleachers at the football field all day. I grabbed the coaches digital thermometer and held it at waist level on those bleachers. Temp was 131. Funny thing I did survive. I'm sure the heat index was way up there. It about killed me though
And many days during the summer I'm up on tile roofs of all different colors for 4-6 hours during he heat of the day.
Guess I should be dead by now huh inbred
Well you certainly were not in Florida that day. Must have been north farther.

Your right. I must be making that up. After all, those conditions never occur here. Oh, except almost every day June July and August every year of recorded history

hooknline":2o66w86j said:
inbredredneck":2o66w86j said:
212 thats hot
It's also the actual temp at which water boils. Water won't boil at a HEAT INDEX of 212. Just in case you couldn't figure that out :cowboy:
I never have said anything about heat index in this post. Just asking a question and remarked that 212 is hot. Thanks for your help.

hooknline":cav8tmw3 said:
Your right. I must be making that up. After all, those conditions never occur here. Oh, except almost every day June July and August every year of recorded history
The conditions you just described have never occurred in the state of Florida.

That's what you say huh. Never. Ever. They must have kicked the football players off the field just for fun
And youve lived here how long?

hooknline":3hfog5x3 said:
That's what you say huh. Never. Ever. They must have kicked the football players off the field just for fun
Why would i want to live there you can't believe a word that comes out of the residents mouths.

inbredredneck":2hmbrwam said:
hooknline":2hmbrwam said:
Why would i want to live there you can't believe a word that comes out of the residents mouths.

My how smart you must be to know offhand the climate of Orlando in the summer withiut ever having lived here. How do you find a hat that fits that big ol noggin?Tell me again how much you've forgotten and I will never know. How smart you are!

Just for fun ,can anyone bring up the average July temps around Orlando, and then the avg relative humidity levels for the same month and area. Awful hard for me to do from a phone.
Just avgs would be fine

Well I don't like being called a liar TT.
I'm just waiting for his insults to be made public

Not that far a jump from an avg high of 91 to and actual high of 95 on any given day. Not a far jump from an avg relative humidity of 75 to 86 during a storm. Remember the principles behind averages. Take all the numbers and divide them by the number of days in this case.
Tell me yet once again how the conditions I stated never have happened in florida.
Please, tell us all oh great one, how smart you are and how dumb we are.

The conditions you described have never occurred in Florida, the NWS has assured me of it.

TexasBred":eumnpwrn said:
Don't think I've ever seen a combination of temperature and humidity that high. Usually around here when it's extremely hot, the humidity will be 40-50%.....when it rains seems the temperature will drop down into the 80's.

TB there was that Willie Nelson picnic I attended back in '80. People were dropping like flies. And then there was that state championship softball thing I coached the fast pitch girls in down in Denham Springs, LA. They called the tournament after several girls passed out at 9 a.m. Don't remember the year.

The only time I remember it being above 100 with high humidity here was right after when we get one of those mid afternoon rains. Those days are indeed few and far between.

You have seen heat impact on cattle surely.

TennesseeTuxedo":eumnpwrn said:
This thread is like deja vu all over again.

I managed to keep my trap shut in that last one. Not so successful this time :D I bit on the original post not realizing there was a correlation but suspecting something strange since a google search will produce the information, steam tables, just about everything you'd ever want to know about boiling water.

highgrit":25c1xnf2 said:
I need a beer. Oh I forgot I don't drink beer. You gotta love it.

When in Rome................

You can surely make an exception once in a while?

backhoeboogie":1eutdyks said:
TexasBred":1eutdyks said:
Don't think I've ever seen a combination of temperature and humidity that high. Usually around here when it's extremely hot, the humidity will be 40-50%.....when it rains seems the temperature will drop down into the 80's.

TB there was that Willie Nelson picnic I attended back in '80. People were dropping like flies. And then there was that state championship softball thing I coached the fast pitch girls in down in Denham Springs, LA. They called the tournament after several girls passed out at 9 a.m. Don't remember the year.

The only time I remember it being above 100 with high humidity here was right after when we get one of those mid afternoon rains. Those days are indeed few and far between.

You have seen heat impact on cattle surely.
TennesseeTuxedo":1eutdyks said:
This thread is like deja vu all over again.

I managed to keep my trap shut in that last one. Not so successful this time :D I bit on the original post not realizing there was a correlation but suspecting something strange since a google search will produce the information, steam tables, just about everything you'd ever want to know about boiling water.
we also had something happen this year we dont normally see, a few days of 105 degrees with low humidity, cattle never even panted i was surprized... they handled it a heck of alot better than 98 with 105 humidity where you have to hold your jeans up and drink the air
:cowboy:

highgrit":280r0su7 said:
I need a beer. Oh I forgot I don't drink beer. You gotta love it.
Glad to provide the entertainment 2 days in a row
I'm not backing down from this. I have all night . 2 sure things will get me fired up, call me a liar, or call me a thief. Either one. Especially by someone sitting behind a screen looking at a screen that tell them the so called facts when they have never ever experienced it themselves.
Stay tuned. I have all night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts