Boiling point of water?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trick question?

@ sea level with barometric pressure norm and all the stars aligned - about 212 degrees. I've seen it flash at 80 degrees under extremely high vacuum.

What's up with this question? My curiosity is getting the best of me. I've got steam tables here if you have specifics.

It depends on how high up you are on your mountain ;-) , how far you are away from the sea and I spose the purity of the water you are drinking. I don't think you are gonna get the reply that you are looking for though....

backhoeboogie":350de0od said:
Trick question?

@ sea level with barometric pressure norm and all the stars aligned - about 212 degrees. I've seen it flash at 80 degrees under extremely high vacuum.

What's up with this question? My curiosity is getting the best of me. I've got steam tables here if you have specifics.
game over,, you know to much :lol:

Darn! I was just about to ask if anyone knows what temperature paper burns at and if it was ever used in a title of a book I was forced to read in school. :D

ALACOWMAN":zzt2qmqz said:
backhoeboogie":zzt2qmqz said:
Trick question?

Actually not. I have to go to Steam Tables and charts. Entropy and Enthalpy is old school engineering figured out by extremely smart folks way back when. I just use their hard work as reference material.

Seems like this whole darn thread is some sort of game or something.

backhoeboogie":2eytoqvk said:
ALACOWMAN":2eytoqvk said:
backhoeboogie":2eytoqvk said:
Trick question?

Actually not. I have to go to Steam Tables and charts. Entropy and Enthalpy is old school engineering figured out by extremely smart folks way back when. I just use their hard work as reference material.

Seems like this whole darn thread is some sort of game or something.
or taken to school on heat index

He's trolling about heat indexes again. Next stage is public insults. Wait for it

hooknline":3ujzd887 said:
He's trolling about heat indexes again. Next stage is public insults. Wait for it

110 degrees at 98% humidity is complete misery all the way around. Some guy had a bull affected by heat if I remember correctly and that thread turned into a wreck. Heat indexes have nothing to do with actual temp but rather what the environment feels like because water does not evaporate (cooling) as easily.

Cows get too hot and thirsty, they drink to much and die. Too hot of a feed and they die. We have had this thing beat to death in these forum threads time and time again.

It aint hard to come up with a couple of links and I can add many more. The bottom one deals with over drinking water killing the cows during heat. The upper link deals with his neighborhood last year (I think).

This is TX where I operate and he is familiar with this locale as well. He knows folks living around me. We deal with heat every year. I put value in ear. For this very reason. If I lived in a different climate, I do as the Romans do. I can expect 30 days of double digit temperature every year.

Here are the said links:

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/sc ... -wave.html

http://www.desdemonadespair.net/2011/07 ... ie-in.html

I don't have a dog in that race BTW - could care less.

Only dog I have in the ring is because inbred needs to learn some manners

He and I got cross threaded once and I think it was a misunderstanding. I levied a personal low blow at someone without them being specifically identified as a target. He thought I intended him to be the target, if I am remembering correctly.

He gave me some sound advice once when he went by another name. I tried his suggestion and he was on target. So you could say I feel like I am beholding to him - all the more reason why I never intended for him to be the target.

I think we got over it? Maybe you all can have some of the same luck.

This reminds me of a particularly hot day 2 years. I was working on a day that was 95 degrees and 86% rh. But I was working on top of bright aluminum bleachers at the football field all day. I grabbed the coaches digital thermometer and held it at waist level on those bleachers. Temp was 131. Funny thing I did survive. I'm sure the heat index was way up there. It about killed me though
And many days during the summer I'm up on tile roofs of all different colors for 4-6 hours during he heat of the day.
Guess I should be dead by now huh inbred

backhoeboogie":6udknrrc said:
He and I got cross threaded once and I think it was a misunderstanding. I levied a personal low blow at someone without them being specifically identified as a target. He thought I intended him to be the target, if I am remembering correctly.

He gave me some sound advice once when he went by another name. I tried his suggestion and he was on target. So you could say I feel like I am beholding to him - all the more reason why I never intended for him to be the target.

I think we got over it? Maybe you all can have some of the same luck.
He's a smart enough guy but he needs to get of that pedestal he's places himself on. He's rude to everyone. Maybe he should heed his own advice

melking":ivtd727d said:
Some people are just dikks, nothing you can do but ignore
Don't take that to heart, I still like you just fine, those name callers should be ashamed of themselves for calling you a dikk

Don't think I've ever seen a combination of temperature and humidity that high. Usually around here when it's extremely hot, the humidity will be 40-50%.....when it rains seems the temperature will drop down into the 80's.

Inbred did you see that top link BHB posted. You should give it a read. Pretty good information in it

Status
Not open for further replies.