body massage

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook":22a89fh8 said:
Screw that. I kicked the beekeeper off that had bees on my place because I got tired of being stung just checking fences. My joints never felt any better :lol:
yes, the ones that are not applied to specific areas at specific times just hurt. :lol:

Hook":1jbg2dy0 said:
TexasBred":1jbg2dy0 said:
Wife gets one every week. I think she's addicted to them. :nod:

Screw that. I kicked the beekeeper off that had bees on my place because I got tired of being stung just checking fences. My joints never felt any better :lol:

I bet you he was talking about massages. :D

On a side note, somebody close to where I live has their WiFi named "Happy Endings Massage Parlor". I chuckle when I get the available WiFi's in my area list on my phone.

LRTX1":2rtsmvov said:
Hook":2rtsmvov said:
TexasBred":2rtsmvov said:

On a side note, somebody close to where I live has their WiFi named "Happy Endings Massage Parlor". I chuckle when I get the available WiFi's in my area list on my phone.

There's one around here named "fbi observation van1"
H

Hook":1nuk1ynt said:
TexasBred":1nuk1ynt said:

It's one of the few things she actually does for herself and I'm glad she does.

Hook":vv0jrwyq said:
LRTX1":vv0jrwyq said:
Hook":vv0jrwyq said:

There's one around here named "fbi observation van1"
H
I named mine "Virus", figured no one would try it if it said that.

I went to a chiropractor and a massage therapist for awhile. Helped me out a lot for the last few years then this year just wasn't getting the same results so had surgery. If you choose a chiropractor get an old school one them young ones will hurt you with the new techniques. You can try rubbing Biofreeze on it that is some good stuff a lot better than icy hot. I have also used ten machines they work great I got the icy hot brand ten machine here at the house love that thing I think it was like 30-40 bucks worth every penny.

Physio therapists are good for things like this. But when I can not afford one I go to the old stand by I was taught in sport med class in school

Cold for 1-2 days. A bag of hash browns, peas etc. 10 minutes at a time several times a day. The cold reduces the swelling from deep tissue strains. Swelling we can't see but we feel through pain.

Rest as much as possible.

Day 3 is different. It is now hot and cold therapy. Start with cold and end with cold 10 minutes of each. Heating pads are the worst. Hot water bottle, flax bags etc.
the cold reduces the swelling and the heat increases the blood flow to help with healing.

Then it takes time. Some stretches to help limber up the muscles.
Proactive to prevent strains is to stretch on a daily basis. Keep things limber.

Anti inflams are good for helping to reduce the swelling and relieve the pain. The problem with the pain meds is we tend to say oh I feel better and get back out there instead of giving the body a chance to heal. Which more often than not makes matters worse.

Pain meds offer a quick fix, rest allows the body to recoup and heal. A combination is great...we just need to give it time though.
A final word. This comes from my physio therapist. Take a tennis ball toss it into an old sock. Place the ball where it hurts and lean up against a wall . Use the ball as a deep tissue massage. Start gentle and increase intensity. It works great for the knot in the shoulder blade or hip. DO NOT PLACE THE BALL ON THE SPINE!!!

Still hurting but not as bad. I probably over did it yesterday. I don't think it's spinal cause when I twist out of the bed every morning it cracks from my tail to my neck just like it always has and it does not hurt in that area. I've been icing and heat like was suggested and putting bio freeze on it. I have a Hard time not doing stuff so it will take a little time to heal.

M5farm":2u1cxtm0 said:
Still hurting but not as bad. I probably over did it yesterday. I don't think it's spinal cause when I twist out of the bed every morning it cracks from my tail to my neck just like it always has and it does not hurt in that area. I've been icing and heat like was suggested and putting bio freeze on it. I have a Hard time not doing stuff so it will take a little time to heal.

Find a good massage therapist licensed and experienced in sports massage. I threw my back out years ago while doing leg presses and was in excruciating pain. Orthopedic dr. put me through physical therapy, meds, ultrasound, etc. Nothing helped for long. It would get better for a day or two then go out again. Finally, desperate because I had a backpacking trip coming up, I went to a serious sports massage therapist. She worked on stretching hips, legs, etc, barely touching my spinal area itself. It was NOT relaxing--in fact, I was in borderline tears a few times (ok, maybe even actual tears). BUT, when I got up to leave, the pain was 80% gone.

I would never go to a chiropractor. Had one almost break my neck once. It still gets stiff. (Did I mention said chiropractor was a family member).

Look for a massage therapist associated with a good quality gym, or physical therapy center, if you can, not a freestanding massage place. Good luck!

My sister is an LMT. I get free massages once in a while. They are great for tense muscles and increasing blood flow around the nerves if the spine. I also see a chiropractor now and then. I have two ruptured discs in my lower back. Getting adjusted and stretched does wonders for reducing the nerve pressure and pain.

Latest posts