Bobcat Trailers Doolittle? Or?

Help Support CattleToday:

cre10

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a bumper hitch trailer to haul small stuff and my bobcat that weighs around 6,000 pounds. I'm tired of pulling my long and high sitting deck over goosenecks just to haul a little bobcat.

I'm looking for 20' total deck length, 18' plus 2' dovetail with flip up ramps. I want around 10,000 pound tandem axles and brakes on both.

Doolittle has caught my eye, mainly because I see a lot of them running around and they have a good website.

Best quote I have is $3475 for the Doolittle. Just had another dealer quote it at $4100, but he said to stay away from Doolittle because they do not have flipper springs, but have triangle springs that wear out?? He recommended a Maxi trailer that is $4000.

Dealer 1 raved about Doolittle and Dealer 2 ran them in the mud.

What do you guys know about smaller trailers like this and brands?

Can't help you on the trailers but -

Sounds like Dealer 1 is a Doolitle dealer, and Dealer 2 is not. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

A couple of questions for you ~
-Do you think there would be a lot of the Doolittle trailers running around if they were not a good trailer?
- What is their warrenty? And is there a Dealer with a Service Dept close by?

I looked at their website and it appears the trailers have a 1 year warrenty and the company appears to be in business since the 70s. Why don't you ask the owners of a couple of Doolittle trailers doing the same hauling you will be doing to see how they like their trailers?

Doolittle must be decent or I wouldn't see a lot of them. They're also made fairly close by. I won't hardly be beating this trailer to death with loads because of my 20k pound gooseneck and 14k gooseneck, but I also don't want a piece of junk that won't last. I was impressed with the Doolittle dealer for their knowledge and not impressed with the other brand dealer that put me on hold while I could hear a toilet flush and a door close then took my call! lol. $3475 seems decent as two other dealers I called were 38-41 without tandem breaks.

Looks like I will go for it. I think I will get the 10k axles. One dealer said if you get 10k you might as well just get 14k, but I want to be able to pull this with a half ton unloaded or with small loads and use the one ton when I have the Bobcat on. 10k should be more than enough. I don't see a need in getting heavier axles when everything I own has a wider wheelbase than the fenders.

Angus, you ever heard of Frye Farms down by Joplin? We got our 32' gooseneck down there a couple years ago. Really nice guy and a pretty nice set up. We've been looking at getting a couple hay trailers from him recently.

cre10":3pxetxd7 said:
Looks like I will go for it. I think I will get the 10k axles. One dealer said if you get 10k you might as well just get 14k, but I want to be able to pull this with a half ton unloaded or with small loads and use the one ton when I have the Bobcat on. 10k should be more than enough. I don't see a need in getting heavier axles when everything I own has a wider wheelbase than the fenders.

Angus, you ever heard of Frye Farms down by Joplin? We got our 32' gooseneck down there a couple years ago. Really nice guy and a pretty nice set up. We've been looking at getting a couple hay trailers from him recently.
A good friend of mine just bought a trailer from him I beleive I know he bought one down there somewhere and he got a good deal

what type of Hay trailers are you looking at??? there is a place in Lockwood that builds them I think they are the EZ haul trailers
where are you located at ???

I'm very happy with our big gooseneck we got from Frye and very happy with the price. He blew everyone out of the water on price and his trailer, Starlite, is a lot more stout than a lot of the other flatbeds out there.

I'm looking at a 32' inline bale trailer to haul 6 bales with self unloading. I would like to haul more, but much past 32' makes it pretty tough turning in and out of gates to hay fields. Frye came in at $3300 and everyone else is 3900 to 4000. Those 4' wide bales and balers look appealing for these inline trailers.

I've also been looking for a big bale wagon with bale slots side by side so you can really stack them up there and not have a lot of weight on the hitch to haul bales in fields with a smaller tractor. Probably 4 slots on each side so you haul 8 bales or really stack them up for 12 or 16. I remember seeing them somewhere on the internet a few years ago, but can't find anywhere now that has them.

I'm up in northwest Missouri which is a long drive, but to save $700 it is worth it bc I can drive there cheaper or have them deliver for $300 and still save $400. I will save every penny I can.

cre10":32nka72d said:
I was impressed with the Doolittle dealer for their knowledge and not impressed with the other brand dealer that put me on hold while I could hear a toilet flush and a door close then took my call! lol.
Makes me smile ! He was not gonna let you get away.

The ones that get my goat are when you go in the store and get to discussing it with them, then they take phone calls from other people while you wait ! I´m here right now and I am buying . What the heck are you doing taking incomming? Bloody rude. I walk out.

Lol it was a woman in the bathroom that put me on hold. Then a few hours later a guy called back and ran Doolittle in the mud.

The dealer that was very knowledgeable was a very nice lady that definitely knew her stuff about trailers and was very happy to talk with me. I actually had to tell her I had to go because she was so talkative. Even if she wasn't the cheapest, she is, I would still probably get the trailer from her if she was close on price to the others for the customer service she gave me. I like to save money, but I also will take customer service into account and being a good person. There aren't many good people left in this world.

Latest posts