bobcat mount

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice find, I'd love if we could pick them up here. They're still on the endangered list, but a few are hit on the road every year. I just got my very first pic of one on a trail camera two weeks ago.
Those mounts sure look great, but only when done but a very talented artist. Many, maybe most, taxidermists struggle to get the right looks with cats. Eye and ear placement is so easy to get wrong. Make sure the taxidermist you pick has a few on display so you can check them out, and of course that you like what you see.

the head is what im most worried about.. though his got a good looking one... im worried that he won't have the look when finished....

Nice.. I prefer my cats to be standing to show the true size. I would get it mounted standing on a limb personally. I have my cats all standing but 1

I saw a neat mount of a bobcat. It had one back foot on the ground and was reaching up after a grouse which was attached to the opposite side front foot. It was a real good looking mount.

ALACOWMAN":3g2yd8mc said:
the head is what im most worried about.. though his got a good looking one... im worried that he won't have the look when finished....
They skin them out, and toss the bones, so it won't matter what condition the skull is in, just the fur. Unless you want a nice bleached skull to go with it.

Long time ago, me and a buddy were scootin down the road late one night with an empty horse trailer. We hit a bobcat. He wanted it, so we went back. He opened the back door of my trailer, and throwed it in. It was a long long time before I could peacefully load a horse in that trailer. I guess the smell lingered. So don't lay it in your head catcher.

Bigfoot":a2rgkr79 said:
Long time ago, me and a buddy were scootin down the road late one night with an empty horse trailer. We hit a bobcat. He wanted it, so we went back. He opened the back door of my trailer, and throwed it in. It was a long long time before I could peacefully load a horse in that trailer. I guess the smell lingered. So don't lay it in your head catcher.
i thought for a minute he was still alive. cause he was looking right at me. so i stuck him a few times with stick.. i was afraid to pic him up, only to have him come too on me :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":22hanpee said:
Bigfoot":22hanpee said:
i thought for a minute he was still alive. cause he was looking right at me. so i stuck him a few times with stick.. i was afraid to pic him up, only to have him come too on me :cowboy:

No reason to be too scared, only beavers will bite your nipples off. Cat will only scratch your back for ya.

Jake":op4w8jxm said:
ALACOWMAN":op4w8jxm said:
Bigfoot":op4w8jxm said:

No reason to be too scared, only beavers will bite your nipples off. Cat will only scratch your back for ya.
yeah after he gets through with the front of me :cowboy:

skyhightree1":3ds46c9b said:
Nice.. I prefer my cats to be standing to show the true size. I would get it mounted standing on a limb personally. I have my cats all standing but 1
well my cabin is kinda small,, so i wanted him more compact where i can hang him on the wall... i just gotta come up with a surefire hunting story to go with him.. being run over by a car, kinda takes the zap out of it :cowboy:

One time years ago I was trapping coyotes and caught a bobcat. Well bobcat season wasn't open so I had to turn him loose. So I take my trusty "Marlin Perkins" noose and get it around his neck. I held him up to cut off his air. (the preferred method to turn loose a bobcat) When he blacks out I set him down and take the trap off his foot. So I was leaning against the pickup waiting for him to come to. He get up a little wobbly and starts to wander off. My trusty dog thought he was getting away and goes after him. The bobcat turns on the dog. The dog decides to run to me for protection. I decide to run around the truck. After two laps around the truck with me in the lead, the dog in a close second and the bobcat on his heels. The cat finally decides to head into the woods. Both the dog and I decide to let him go.

ALACOWMAN":2no31dxr said:
skyhightree1":2no31dxr said:
well my cabin is kinda small,, so i wanted him more compact where i can hang him on the wall... i just gotta come up with a surefire hunting story to go with him.. being run over by a car, kinda takes the zap out of it :cowboy:

Had a guy up home that was hunting turkeys and had a bobcat jump on him while he was calling. Makes for a good story when you can tell it with the right level of excitement.

ALACOWMAN":guom6utj said:
skyhightree1":guom6utj said:

Gotcha... lol.

Someone smacked a good one not 300 yds from us on the road. Big male close to 40 lbs. want me to send him to you Bama?

Latest posts