Bob Knight retires

Help Support CattleToday:

Parkerson Cattle Co.

Reaction score
Just heard, Coach Bob Knight stepped down as head coach at Texas Tech, his son Pat Knight will be taking over head coach. 902 wins, most wins for any college basketball coach in history

WRECK EM TECH :???:

No doubt one of the greatest coaches of all times. He always ran a clean program. Too bad he has no class.

Yup. Just heard that, too. 902 wins is gonna be hard to beat. Takes a lot of ability and longevity. Love him or hate him, college basketball won't be the same without him.

Parkerson Cattle Co.":9n37ulo0 said:
. . . I don't see myself as classless.

That reminds me of an announcement I heard. The guy was trying to drum up support for the intramural touch football being played between teams from each class. He said "Come out and root for your class, and if you have no class just come out and root."

Parkerson Cattle Co.":1n908fvq said:
I thought he fit in real well at Tech.

I go to Tech... I don't see myself as classless. Maybe the school is a little outspoken, but hey what college isn't.

You do seem like a very fine individual. Either you haven't drank the kool-aid yet or you have an immunity to it. For your own good, I recommend a transfer before it's too late. :lol:

Heck, I'm in one of the top colleges for wildlife managment/biology in the nation, and I will be graduating in December, it is a little late to transfer :D Lubbock, Texas, love it or leave it.... I'm ready to leave it, like the song says, happiness is Lubbock in the rear view mirror. But I have to say, I've really enjoyed being here, wouldn't change it if i could. :D :D :D :cboy:

Parkerson Cattle Co.":2cbvipab said:
Heck, I'm in one of the top colleges for wildlife managment/biology in the nation, and I will be graduating in December, it is a little late to transfer :D Lubbock, Texas, love it or leave it.... I'm ready to leave it, like the song says, happiness is Lubbock in the rear view mirror. But I have to say, I've really enjoyed being here, wouldn't change it if i could. :D :D :D :cboy:

All kidding aside, sounds like you've got a great future ahead of you. Good luck.

Parkerson from a Texas Aggie to a Red Raider, "congratulations on your upcoming graduation". Should be a good future in wildlife/game management. :tiphat: And from Gand Saline, Texas no less. The salt of the earth folks. :lol:

Well thank ya,

Got to love the Morton salt area (Grand Saline), I'm about ready to leave the flatland and get back to some trees.

CKC1586":12k2x945 said:
Just heard the tail end of an interview with him and he chewed up that reporter and spit him out in little bitty pieces.....

Serves him right. A reporter would have to have some inflated ego to think he could come out on top in an interview with Bobby. I bet he asked some really dumb questions. They usually do IMHO.

For reasons I don't understand, I can't get in to the Indy Star website, but if you are interested they have a huge amount of material on Knight in todays print edition.
The most contradictory celebrity I ever saw.
His good works are legendary, and many of them will never be known. Free tickets for handicapped kids, a huge donation to the IU library, that kind of thing.
His moments as a huge jerk have always overshadowed his good works.
You can still start a fight in Indiana with a comment about Bob. People love him or hate him. I have a cousin who bought Texas Tech license plates when he went there. It is not rare to see a TT ball cap around here (they aren't alums).
I was not unhappy to see him go (from IU). I would have fired him a lot sooner.
That's indystar.com

spoon":s4cix2c6 said:
CKC1586":s4cix2c6 said:
Just heard the tail end of an interview with him and he chewed up that reporter and spit him out in little bitty pieces.....

Serves him right. A reporter would have to have some inflated ego to think he could come out on top in an interview with Bobby. I bet he asked some really dumb questions. They usually do IMHO.

Yup, it was hysterical! I can't remember what the question was but Knight said "where you been, Mars!" it was down hill from there!

Latest posts