Board Maintenance Work

Help Support CattleToday:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
I plan to do a little maintenance work on the Board software in the morning. It should just be offline for a few minutes. But you all know what happens when I mess with the software! :nod:

I've finished modifying the files but think I'll wait until sometime this afternoon to upload them. If it works the Boards should be down less than 5 minutes. If it does not work I'll re-upload the old files and that should take another 5 or 10 minutes.

I'm working on getting that back. :oops:

Until I do (or more likely if I don't) try clicking on the Orange sheet of paper to the left of the Topic. That takes you to the first unread post in the Topic.

Macon,
I think my private message notification "thingy" has gone haywire. I haven't received notification of a PM since at least August 26th that i know of but have gotten several pms. (just happened to check). i used to get a notification at log in and one emailed to me as well. (the box is still checked in my settings).

Also, is there anyway that you can search for messages by date?
i have a problem with my computer dying after i log in but before i get thru reading all the new messages and then when i log back in they are all gone and i have to sort thru each board.
Thanks, Beefy

I think my private message notification "thingy" has gone haywire. I haven't received notification of a PM since at least August 26th that i know of but have gotten several pms.
Double check your email address in your Profile. If it is incorrect your emails come to me! And you would be surprised how many emails I get a day. If you have a spam filter check it. No one else has mentioned a problem, so it probably not system related.
Also, is there anyway that you can search for messages by date?
Not that I know of. They are sorted by date and time by default. When I have that problem I just look at all the messages that are newer then the time I had the problem.

Macon, board is working nicely since the update but I was wondering if you now have it set to where only members can post messages. I am traveling in the shennadoah valley in Virginia and I have to log in to post a message.

BTW what do the cows here eat? Rocks?