Blue Heeler x Bloodhound any use???

Help Support CattleToday:

Markey

Reaction score
So my female hound dog and my wifes blue Heeler got together and now were expecting puppies. Any opinions on what they would be good for? Both are smart dogs I guess im wondering whether they would be farm dogs or hunting dogs.

I'm thinking general purpose dogs or maybe squirrel dogs. Should have the tenacity from both sides

That is going to be some interesting example of heterosis. Post some pics of that.

My BH was not what I'd call a high energy dog.
DogHogSpider.jpg

My experiences with bloodhounds is they are very active and high strung. That all changes at about three years and they settle in to be the porch dog people assume them to be.

After owning both of those breeds my guess is you're going to have your hands full. Those heelers are very loyal one person dogs and the bloodhounds love everybody.

Yes my blood hound and Heeler are both high strung. The bloodhound hates cows but is good trailing anything with a blood trail. The Heeler is good with cows but has a short attention span. One is opposite of the other so who knows how they will turn out but they are coming tonight so well see!

The bloodhound part will locate every bytch in heat for 20 miles and the heeler part will take care of the rest. :lol2:

I need to see a pic of this. I have no idea what they would be good for. I have a Great Pyrenees/Blue Healer cross she is interesting and a good guard dog gets meaner as she gets older.

wacocowboy":3at8gop0 said:
I need to see a pic of this. I have no idea what they would be good for. I have a Great Pyrenees/Blue Healer cross she is interesting and a good guard dog gets meaner as she gets older.
Many years ago I had a black and silver german shepherd female. She came in heat and I put her up...about a week later she got out somehow and my neighbors big red blood hound bred her...She had 12 big nice puppies....Local Sheriff was a friend and he wanted two to put with their hounds. Sheriffs from two other counties took all the rest of them. Heard over the next couple years they were doing a good job.

Sorry for the delay but the pups are here. She had eleven and kept them all alive and healthy. Im trying go figure out how to post a pic but once I do ill put em up.