Blue Cows?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a bet riding on this so I would love it if anyone could help! My friend Charlie and I have a bet going because he claims that cows can have blue coloring. I have never seen or heard of this and I live in a pretty rural area. Are there really blue cows?

[email protected]

Very roan black cows do appear to be bluish

dunmovin farms

> I have a bet riding on this so I
> would love it if anyone could
> help! My friend Charlie and I have
> a bet going because he claims that
> cows can have blue coloring. I
> have never seen or heard of this
> and I live in a pretty rural area.
> Are there really blue cows?

> Murray grey calves are a pearl grey when born I had one that seemed to have just a touch of a bluish cast to it but it might have been the light that morning, he lightened up to almost white .

[email protected]

Belgian blues arent really blue. i have a beefmasterXcharolaisXangus cross thats is denim.

I have a Simmental brood cow, and her calf in which there is a definite blue pigment on the skin of their noses.

This color can be created by breeding many common breeds. The color blue is a roan type gene, where the colors of black and white are mixed 50-50.

We produce Blue cattle using Highland -angus-Belgian Blue cattle... we call this a Diarmid cow and coming from Blue Ox Farms, its a fitting color don't you think?

view our site <A HREF="http://www.blueoxfarms.com" TARGET="_blank">www.blueoxfarms.com</A> and view bull surfing on "electric scotland". McDermott, Resurrector search.

[email protected]

there is no such thing as a true blue cow. there is though, a blue roan colour. the same rule applies in horses. this is when there is a cross of colours and none of these colours are dominant over the other. this is called co-dominance. when this happens we get 50% of the hairs black/grey and the others are a diff colour. and when closely arranged a blue roan colour is observed. there are many breeds which can produce a blue roan but the most common are Belgian Blues! Shorthorns, and many crosses.

> I have a Simmental brood cow, and
> her calf in which there is a
> definite blue pigment on the skin
> of their noses.

Latest posts