Blue Albion calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Does anyone know what to do when a calf has the bottom joint screwed up. Will not straigten correctly making it hard for her to get up, stand and walk. Really has gotten worse over the last week or so.

What is this even called? Crooked calf?

Vet came to look at her that day. Gave an "examination" of her. Should he have not seen this. I have not seen this on a calf before. Perhaps when I was a little kid, but do not recall much of it. An professional should have noted that asap. It has gotten much worse since her examined her.

Does anyone know what to do when a calf has the bottom joint screwed up. Will not straigten correctly making it hard for her to get up, stand and walk. Really has gotten worse over the last week or so.

What is this even called? Crooked calf?

Vet came to look at her that day. Gave an "examination" of her. Should he have not seen this. I have not seen this on a calf before. Perhaps when I was a little kid, but do not recall much of it. An professional should have noted that asap. It has gotten much worse since her examined her.
Could be a few different things. Knowing that your calf had a rough start, I'd suspect a joint infection (septic arthritis). Could also be an injury, contracted tendons from rapid growth, etc.

The joint just wont straighten right. Neighbor says it should get better over time. I am going to try wrapping his legs up see if that helps. This was a problem from the very beginning, just wasnt as bad at first. Vet said he didnt walk with the herd because he was to weak, not true. He didnt because he had to hard a time walking. He used to at least get up and move some, last 2 days hes been in the same spot and laying down. Used to see him standing when I would walk out there, now always sitting last couple days in the same spot I last seen him hours ago.

Latest posts