Bloody Stool

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

My 2 day old heifer had a small trickle of blood coming from her rectum. It's not pouring out or anything just a slight drip. Does anyone know what this is? What should I do about it if there is anything I should do?
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

(User Above)":op5unsf0 said:
: My 2 day old heifer had a small trickle of blood coming from her rectum. It's not pouring out or anything just a slight drip. Does anyone know what this is? What should I do about it if there is anything I should do? <p>I'd guess that she was a touch constipated, maybe with a bit of muconium, and strained a bit to get that out--at which point it's nothing. If she has any diarrhea or inappetance, I'd worry about bacterial toxins causing problems! In other words, it all depends! If still questions, ask your vet!<br>Good Luck<br>V<br>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":10a38s8c said:
: : My 2 day old heifer had a small trickle of blood coming from her rectum. It's not pouring out or anything just a slight drip. Does anyone know what this is? What should I do about it if there is anything I should do? <p>: I'd guess that she was a touch constipated, maybe with a bit of muconium, and strained a bit to get that out--at which point it's nothing. If she has any diarrhea or inappetance, I'd worry about bacterial toxins causing problems! In other words, it all depends! If still questions, ask your vet!<br>: Good Luck<br>: V<p>What would be considered diarrhea for a new calf? She has yellow-orange manure that is somewhat runny but not quite liquid. She does have a good appatite though.
<br>

Latest posts