Bloodlines

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake

Reaction score
I was wondering what y'all think about the bloodline to breed Traveler and Oscar based cows back to. I don't want any breeds other than Angus period. Especially no bramers!!

Jake":6nvp9xg3 said:
I was wondering what y'all think about the bloodline to breed Traveler and Oscar based cows back to. I don't want any breeds other than Angus period. Especially no bramers!!

Depending on the cows, I'd say look at EXT or a son of EXT. He's not magic, of course, but daughters of the old bull tend to be moderate framed, thick and long as a freight train. Plus they're good mommas and have good udders. But without knowing how you market calves, your forage management program, etc., it's a shot in the dark....

we background all our calves and take them to 700-800# basic forage management is kick the cows out in the spring, and bring them in in the fall. no rotating for the most part and little supplementing. all that get supplemented are the ones back of the house that way we can keep an eye on them everyday.

and Matt, I really have no use for a Black Hereford,

A Bando son if you can find one. And EXT as suggested but becareful to use only on docile cows because EXT's can be a little wild. I bought an Explosion (out of Ext) son as a clean up bull. A good percentage of my cows are either Bando 155's or Travelers. I still use some of the old semen. Good doing cows.

Latest posts