Blood Suckers

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Well they are here again.What with the rain we've been getting and the tall grass,the buffalo knats,chiggers and mesquitos (sp) are multiplying like crazy.Then of coarse you gotta throw in the fire ants.
Speaking of fire ants where our woods burnt it didn't slow them down one bit. :mad: :mad:
I guess next it will be the killer bees.There's already been 2 swarms in the area in the last three years.

Cal

Mr. Cal, the buffalo gnats are out in full force this year. I build a new fence last week (1353 ft) and they absolutely ate me up. One night my left eye swelled shut from the bites.
When the temperature gets hot they'll be gone and all I'll have to contend with will be the ticks and chiggers.
BTW, i was using a full can of OFF everyday, it didn't seem to help at all. :help: :help:
What do y'all use?

Get a bottle of Ben's Insect Repellenant. I go through a bottle every two years or so. Its the same formula they use in the military and it works well. Just don't leave a leaking container on your dashboard.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the government and the IRS

dun":2tty4dkv said:

They aren't bloodsuckers. They merely take your money so they can give you a subsidy and help you. Remember, they are the solution to everything and we need them to protect us from ourselves.

we are having ticks really bad here. my daughter is like some kind of magnet to them :( but the good thing is she knows when she has one and just as calm as can be tells me "mom, i have another tick" and she is only 6 years old. my son has started to attract them too!! must be something i am feeding them!! i use frontline on the dogs and they are even getting them...so i guess the only thing to do at this point is deal with them...

;-)

dun":2rtxhqxf said:

Did sound like that was what I was going to talk about Dun. I also might add to the list wild hogs. :mad: :mad:

Curtis I use off for the ticks,chiggers and Miss Keta.
I rub vannila flavor on my face and neck and It keeps the buffalo knats from biting.
It wont keep them from buzzing around you but it keeps them from biting.

Cal

dun":1kp9kw1u said:

That's what I thought too at first....

We're just plagued with fire ants, gnats, biting flies, mosquitos, and chiggers at this time. Surely some new things that bite will come along soon.

Fleas are bad this year, too. I can't keep them off the dogs and I've been using Frontline Plus this year. I guess I should switch back to that other stuff. Sorry, I can't remember the name at the moment. Oh, yeah, K-9 Advantix. I like that stuff better but I thought I'd switch it around this year just in case. I was wrong. Again.

So glad we don't have that problem, all we have are little gnats that I am told give you the itches, they don't seem to like my blood as they don't bite me, or I don't notice the bites. I know 'no sense no feelings'. :dunce:

Latest posts