blood in cow manure

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a 800lb cow that has a large amount of blood in her manure. She has no calf. What are the possible causes and treatments. Thanks Ken Hart
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":pka6hrbt said:
: I have a 800lb cow that has a large amount of blood in her manure. She has no calf. What are the possible causes and treatments. Thanks Ken Hart<p>Ok, without looking at a textbook to see if I'm missing anything, I'll try to list a few<br>*Coccidia* (really likely)<br>BVD<br>Salmonella<br>end stage johnes<br>GI parasitism<br>liver damage leading to bleeding problems (very unlikely)<br>colitis<br>improper fermentation and bacterial overgrowth from inappropriate foodstuffs<br>RDA (she'd be off feed)<br>RTA (dead within a few hours)<br>toxin ingestion<br>GI ulceration for whatever cause ie giving corticosteroids can cause bleeding...<br>Heck, there's a lot, aren't there!<br>I'd recommend getting a fecal done ASAP--it'll rule in or out coccidia/GI parasites, it's cheap, non-invasive...IF the cow is eating. If she's not, get out a vet ASAP!<br>Good luck!<br>V<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]