Blonde d'Aquitaine?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Anyone have an idea about what kind of cows these make? There are around six different farms raising them now within a four to five hours drive from us. I was considering possibly buying some heifers. Good or bad idea?

[email protected]

Blondes will be a great breed if it is use as a terminal breed in a commercial basis, as breeding a registered herd it will be very similar to Charolais

> Anyone have an idea about what
> kind of cows these make? There are
> around six different farms raising
> them now within a four to five
> hours drive from us. I was
> considering possibly buying some
> heifers. Good or bad idea?

[email protected]

They would be used commercially. If I get some of these heifers and they make good cows, I was actually thinking of eventually crossing them with a Simmental bull and keeping the best heifers out of that cross for replacements. Any thoughts on this?

> Blondes will be a great breed if
> it is use as a terminal breed in a
> commercial basis, as breeding a
> registered herd it will be very
> similar to Charolais

[email protected]

I had use Charolais with my Simmental, It will be interesing to crossbred them with Blondes, but I think Blondes are a much terminal breed if is compared with Charolais

> They would be used commercially.
> If I get some of these heifers and
> they make good cows, I was
> actually thinking of eventually
> crossing them with a Simmental
> bull and keeping the best heifers
> out of that cross for
> replacements. Any thoughts on
> this?

[email protected]

I have a blonde bull and two 1/2 blood cows.I have found them to be very gentle I have got more money per pound for my calves from the blonde than the simmental. This year I`m going to breed 3 Simmentals to him.

[email protected]

If you don't mind me asking, where and for how much did you get the Blonde bull?

> I have a blonde bull and two 1/2
> blood cows.I have found them to be
> very gentle I have got more money
> per pound for my calves from the
> blonde than the simmental. This
> year I`m going to breed 3
> Simmentals to him.

[email protected]

I bought my bull in a disperisal sale when he was 1 year old. I gave $700 for him. There is a good breeder here in north Texas. It is Greenhill Farm. Located in Grand Saline Tx. Phone # 903-569-2220.I belive they are largest blonde breeder in Texas. I hope this will help you

[email protected]

Any information about prices is always helpful. Sounds like you got a good deal and are pleased with the Blondes, also helpful info. Thanks.

> I bought my bull in a disperisal
> sale when he was 1 year old. I
> gave $700 for him. There is a good
> breeder here in north Texas. It is
> Greenhill Farm. Located in Grand
> Saline Tx. Phone # 903-569-2220.I
> belive they are largest blonde
> breeder in Texas. I hope this will
> help you

[email protected]

Latest posts