Blonde d'Aquitaine, allow me to introduce our breed.

Help Support CattleToday:

I haven't followed any links, but from the first post, it sounds like what *Every* breed association says about it's cattle.. Easy calving, better meat, more milk, less feed, better this, better that... there isn't much that strikes me as special from that.

Honestly, they sound like Gelbvieh...

They have tighter lines than Gelbvieh,the loose skin on a brahman cross, needs something to tighten it up. Such as a Limi or a CHi or Simmental. I have seen blondes uses on f1 brafords did a great job , but those were some big animals

Nesikep":1ymm6fbm said:
I haven't followed any links, but from the first post, it sounds like what *Every* breed association says about it's cattle.. Easy calving, better meat, more milk, less feed, better this, better that... there isn't much that strikes me as special from that.
Isn't that what few posters said same thing about Black Herefords?

Thank you all for your welcomes and replies.
It is amazing how sensitive breeders are if someone speaks about a none black beef breed. I certainly understand it. In Germany we have the same challenge: Surviving as cow calf producer. Consequently we daily have the challenge of designing the product that our own market demands and, a very important issue, to develop a production system that should be as trouble-less as possible. Blondes are very docile compared with other breeds under similar condition in Germany. Obviously it depends on the way you handle your cows. It is not easy to find cowboys in Germany... The other big challenge are these "green fetishists" that have a dog, a cat and cow at home and thing they can nourish the world they we they live. They also want to dictate us how and when what to eat. The Green Party wanted to impose by law a "meat-free"day in the week. Fortunately they lost a lot of votes in the past elections.
I found a nice and neutral description of Blonde in English. Here is the link, if you want to read it: http://bit.ly/betterbeef. Please understand the name "betterbeef" for the German market!!!!
In this forum there is a lot what we, German farmers, can learn from you all.
Have a nice week end.

Blonde d'Aquitaine":3fvmwjzw said:
It is amazing how sensitive breeders are if someone speaks about a none black beef breed. I certainly understand it. In Germany we have the same challenge: Surviving as cow calf producer. Consequently we daily have the challenge of designing the product that our own market demands and, a very important issue, to develop a production system that should be as trouble-less as possible. Blondes are very docile compared with other breeds under similar condition in Germany. Obviously it depends on the way you handle your cows. It is not easy to find cowboys in Germany... The other big challenge are these "green fetishists" that have a dog, a cat and cow at home and thing they can nourish the world they we they live. They also want to dictate us how and when what to eat. The Green Party wanted to impose by law a "meat-free"day in the week. Fortunately they lost a lot of votes in the past elections.
I found a nice and neutral description of Blonde in English. Here is the link, if you want to read it: http://bit.ly/betterbeef. Please understand the name "betterbeef" for the German market!!!!
Have a nice week end.
:tiphat: Welcome! The prejudices are many but stay the course and keep your head up. Each breed has something to offer. Non black breeds compete with the HUGE marketing job done by the Angus Assn. They are marketing genius' many breeds have taken advantage of those dollars and crossed their breed to make some black ones to cash in. Stay your course. LEAN TENDER HEALTHY BEEF IS OUT THERE FOR HUMANS TO ENJOY!!!! :nod:

In this forum there is a lot what we said:
We North American producers can learn a lot from you European producers as well.

Blondes are used mostly for crossbreeding here north. Pure Blondes cows wont work here. They eat huge amount of feed in below -20. Also they don't last long. Some extra years if bred at 3 years old. Biggest breeder here uses Hereford cows to calm down the Blonde herd...

But when used as a terminal, Nothing can beat Blondes...

Hello again:
These pictures show the genetics behind Blonde d'Aquitaine: This bull calf, BDA Imperator ET 484, has a birth weight of 84 pounds. As fresh born calf you can't realize that you got a beef calf. After a couple of weeks he begins to show his beef character. The middle hand becomes longer a longer and the beef production potential shows up.

About 3 weeks old

2 months old

6 months old

There are some polled lines of Blonde d'Aquitaine that have been successfully tested, especially from Canada. Indeed a 20 months heterozygous heifer was sold last week here in Germany for Euro 4.000 (US$5.400). We imported some embryos and have currently 5 pregnancies. European farmers are looking for polled lines.

If you want to see more pictures of our breed please visit our website: http://www.blonde-d-aurach.de

I wish you all a nice Sunday.

As you all know we are Angus breeders but I don't think I have ever bashed another breed. There is a place in the market for every breed, I happen to love my simmy x cows I don't have many but I like the ones I have. I am looking forward to seeing my first blonde at the fall round up sale this year.

Gizmom

Blonde d'Aquitaine":2fry3e4l said:
Have a nice week end.
well im commercial,, and just happy to be here :cowboy:

Blonde d'Aquitaine":1esh3st7 said:
Hello again:
These pictures show the genetics behind Blonde d'Aquitaine: This bull calf, BDA Imperator ET 484, has a birth weight of 84 pounds. As fresh born calf you can't realize that you got a beef calf. After a couple of weeks he begins to show his beef character. The middle hand becomes longer a longer and the beef production potential shows up.

About 3 weeks old

2 months old

6 months old

There are some polled lines of Blonde d'Aquitaine that have been successfully tested, especially from Canada. Indeed a 20 months heterozygous heifer was sold last week here in Germany for Euro 4.000 (US$5.400). We imported some embryos and have currently 5 pregnancies. European farmers are looking for polled lines.

If you want to see more pictures of our breed please visit our website: http://www.blonde-d-aurach.de

I wish you all a nice Sunday.
Pictures do not lie, :tiphat: very nice calf, excellent muscle and conformation, love the hind quarters and the muscling.

Hello from Germany:
Please watch these pictures about crossbreeding with Blonde d'Aquitaine around the world. Basically what commercial farmers expect from Blonde is easy calving, easy going and better carcasses under same conditions. In tropical countries farmers also like their heat tolerance because of short hair, hard hooves, active sweat glands and localized muscle control over skin movement like Brahman.
Have a nice Sunday.

Blonde d'Aquitaine":qg3dvbps said:
Hello from Germany:
Please watch these pictures about crossbreeding with Blonde d'Aquitaine around the world. Basically what commercial farmers expect from Blonde is easy calving, easy going and better carcasses under same conditions. In tropical countries farmers also like their heat tolerance because of short hair, hard hooves, active sweat glands and localized muscle control over skin movement like Brahman.
Have a nice Sunday.

:clap: Good job! Look great to me! Thank you so much for sharing have a wonderful Sunday!

F1_Blonde_d_Aquitaine_X_Brahman.jpg

Thank you for sharing your photographs, this one is interesting. Could you please give us more information about it?
Best regards,
JW

CKC1586":3kkaqhfx said:
Blonde d'Aquitaine":3kkaqhfx said:
Have a nice week end.
:tiphat: Welcome! The prejudices are many but stay the course and keep your head up. Each breed has something to offer. Non black breeds compete with the HUGE marketing job done by the Angus Assn. They are marketing genius' many breeds have taken advantage of those dollars and crossed their breed to make some black ones to cash in. Stay your course. LEAN TENDER HEALTHY BEEF IS OUT THERE FOR HUMANS TO ENJOY!!!! :nod:

Exactly!!
There is a market for all beef!!
Lean included. :)

Latest posts